I started playing alot of Amon Amarth and all their stuff is in B-standard. I'm thinking of getting a new guitar soon and wouldn't mind getting a 7stringer.

So does anyone know if the songs would sound the same on a 7string in standard?
Last edited by Theid at Feb 13, 2009,
Im guessing that band is black metal or something along those lines. B standard tuning is technically the 7th string. so if you get a 7 string youll tune the other 6 to standard and the 7th will be tuned to B. thats the way i remeber 7 string guitars being but im not sure. the lowest i go is Eb.
The standard tuning for a 7 string is B. So, yes. A seven string is basically a 6 string with one extra low string. Tuning and playing wise it all works out the same.
the songs would sound the same but you`ll have to deal with that extra string high E string...plus on my 7-string i tried playing some of their stuff and it was actually harder becuz of the bigger neck..but give it a try on the 7-string.
Quote by Theid
I started playing alot of Amon Amarth and all their stuff is in B-standard. I'm thinking of getting a new guitar soon and wouldn't mind getting a 7stringer.

It will probably sound very similar. Remember that it's not always trivial to transpose 6 string standard B tunes to standard 7 string because of the high B. You'll have to make some mods and if the chord is particularly nasty, it's possible you won't be able to play it.
Quote by Theid

Since a seven string IS B standard, I'm gonna say "yes."

Quote by Psicho
It will probably sound very similar. Remember that it's not always trivial to transpose 6 string standard B tunes to standard 7 string because of the high B. You'll have to make some mods and if the chord is particularly nasty, it's possible you won't be able to play it.

What are you on about? It's the exact same tuning.
You're*