Hey, i'm going to be buying either a Mesa Mark IV or a Mark V if I can get one and i'm wondering if this cab would be ok with it. It is a Marshall 1960BV cab which has new vintage 30's and I can get it for $500. I play metal from metallica to slayer to lamb of god.
Too much equipment to write down...
That cab should work great with it! Just make sure you match the impedance.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
erm, never more than a combo. what's impedence?
Too much equipment to write down...
On the back of the head you will either have seperate jacks that say 4, 8 or 16 ohms. Sometimes they will have a plastic plug you pull out and rotate. But if your getting a Mesa you will have seperate speaker out jacks.

Cabs are wired for 4, 8, 16 ohms. You need to look at the back of the cab and see what it's wired for. Lets just say it's wired for 8 Ohms thats pretty standard. You get a SPEAKER CABLE and plug it into the 8 ohm speaker jack on the head. Then take the other end of the SPEAKER CABLE and plug it into the cab.

It's very important to make sure these match. If they don't something catastrophic could happen to your amp. No it's not going to blow your house up. But it will blow something expensive in the amp.

Some cabs are wired for stereo and mono via a switch in the back. So make sure you have that switch in the right spot.

If you get the Boogie enjoy it they are great amps.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
I use a Dual Rectifier thru a Marshall 4x12 w/Vintage 30's.
There's my way and the wrong way.
Go ahead and do it!! It should be fine, I run a Mark III Red Stripe through a Marshall 1960A cab (Celestion G12T-75) and it sounds great.