Behringer V Tone GMX212 Analog Modeling Guitar Combo Amplifier 2x12 Inch, 2x60 Watts

I bought one yesterday on a whim because I found it on the cheap for $149 (USD) compared to the $299 MSRP. My Ibanez Tone Blaster 30w took a dump on me. Mind you I'm in Iraq so I'm not going to buy a real nice amp to use while I'm over here. So watch the flammage. Anyone have one of these amps?
i have the gmx210
its so underrated
i mean my friend bought a 75w spider III from line 6
and mine totally blows his away
the first thing we tested was the volume. even at 5, mine was waaaaay louder than his maxed out
the fact that it comes with a footswitch is awesome
rly easy to use effect system
the only regret i have is that you can only modify and use one effect at a time
other than that
200 dollars for 60w (300 for 120w in ur case i guess) is totally sweet
cool. my bassist uses Beringher and he loves the brand. I use an FX pedal layout so I probably won't use the built in stuff too much.
you can go better for that money....buy a cube or a peavey vypyr! much better practice/modelling amps for the price!
Quote by georgakis187
you can go better for that money....buy a cube or a peavey vypyr! much better practice/modelling amps for the price!

Yeah, couldn't get any of those shipped here. That was the best I could find to get shipped. Believe me, I would love to have a Vypyr. And no, I don't have anyone back home to ship it to me lol
I used to own one as well and for the cheap price I actually think they work great as a practise amp and to jam with friends. With a pedal out front I personally think it blew the MG and spiders out of the water. The effects sucked IMHO, but for volume and recording I thought it did a decent job, and again at a low price it was really worth it.

I ended up selling it, upgrading to a Randall SS, and then to my Bugera, so I think it was a nice stepping sone for people to play on, and still be able to save up money for a tube.
What else can you get over there for the price?

I'd take an MG over one of those, but that's just my opinion.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
What else can you get over there for the price?

I'd take an MG over one of those, but that's just my opinion.

But 149$ for a 2X12 practise amp is a great steal, whereas if it was an MG it would have cost 500$ and sounded like ****.
for 150 you can buy a GOOD SMALL PRACTICE AMP! dude just cause its 2x12 and over 50w doesnt mean you can gig with it:S i had an mg100 once upon a time and if i could never be heard over my drummer even with boosted mids:S

you want a PRACTICE AMP! a amp for your bedroom till yhou have enough money to buy a more powerful tube amp....SO buy a good small practice amp....cube or vypyr for metal.
Yeah, here's the thing. I actually jam and play gigs over here in my spare time. A small practice amp isn't going to cut it. Plus our drummer is loud and I could barely hear the Ibanez I had over it. I don't like MGs. I've played on them and it just wasn't for me. I'm buying a tube half stack when I get back in July anyway.
1... a small practice amp is a small amp with low power and a mediocre tone....a big practice amp (>30w) is STILL a practice amp with a mediocre tone that you STILL cant crank...trust me...YOU WILL NOT be able to hear yourself over your drummer with THAT amp.

2...you dont NEEEED a ****ing tube half stack for christs sake.
Just because you don't NEED a tube half stack doesn't mean you shouldn't get one. A pinto may get you from point a to point b, but it doesn't mean you have to settle for one.
I like boosting the high gain British amp model on these amps with a Boss SD-1.
Surprises the F*@# outta Behringer haters when they hear it. It's really funny actually.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
I have one, amp on tweed, mode on clean, and speaker on US. With the reverb setting on the 8th effect thing I can get a really nice clean tone. I have not been able to find a usable distortion though. Another complaint I have is it's too quiet. I can't be heard over the band with it. For now I'm just using it as a backup amp but I'll probably end up selling it and buying a clean head to compliment my Windsor.
EDIT: I've also owned a Spider II and I can say that I personally thought this was a much better amp overall.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Last edited by soul_power at Feb 15, 2009,
...just don't look at it funny.

It might break.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
...just don't look at it funny.

It might break.

Bull****. Mine has been thrashed around for 3 years and it still works fine. It LOOKS like it's been abused for 3 years but electronically everything works fine.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by soul_power
Bull****. Mine has been thrashed around for 3 years and it still works fine. It LOOKS like it's been abused for 3 years but electronically everything works fine.

No bullsh*t. It's a Behringer product...notice i said MIGHT and not WILL.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by georgakis187
1... a small practice amp is a small amp with low power and a mediocre tone....a big practice amp (>30w) is STILL a practice amp with a mediocre tone that you STILL cant crank...trust me...YOU WILL NOT be able to hear yourself over your drummer with THAT amp.

2...you dont NEEEED a ****ing tube half stack for christs sake.

I need one because I WANT one. And I can afford one. I play loud and the louder the better.
DUDE YOU WONT BE ABLE TO CRANK IT! it ll sound like **** the more you turn it up...there you just said it yourself that the louder the better....it ll sound like **** the louder you turn it up.

even with boosted mids you WONT hear yourself over a drummer with that pos.
I'm sure it will do better than the Ibanez. When we play live we use a PA with monitors so I don't need to hear the amp itself.