So I'm in an absolutely foul mood now after restringing my Gibson.
It still had the stock 10-46's on it and was fairly overdue for a restring after they'd lost their tone a week or 2 ago.
I used a set of D'Addario XL 110 10-46's and after stretching them out and tuning them and everything, they're loose as all hell!
I played for about 20 minutes and just got so frustrated with them that I lost all motivation.

So what's wrong? Why're my NEW strings so loose? Could it be the 24.75" scale rather than the 25.5" that my Jackson has or what?

My long term plan has been to put some 11-54's on anyway since I play metal and I want more gain and tighter strings.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone SG Special Customshop
Jackson JS30RR

Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss Metal Zone
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Ibanez Lo Fi
Behringer Tuner

Marshall AVT100X

Quote by IUseAPurplePick
Quote by Joshrocker48
I Use a purple pick.

+1
what tuning are you in ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite
what tuning are you in ?

Just Standard, otherwise I'd be using thicker gauges.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Jackson JS30RR

Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss Metal Zone
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Ibanez Lo Fi
Behringer Tuner

Marshall AVT100X

Quote by IUseAPurplePick
Quote by Joshrocker48
I Use a purple pick.

+1
are they ALL loose? sometimes when you change the strings on your guitar, SOME of the strings don't go all the way through. meaning, the ball ends get stuck somewhere inside the body and after a while they push through, thus providing extra "hidden" string and making them loose. hope this helps
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
If you say you are in standard, I am not sure what the problem could be. Check your intonation at the bridge and check that your machine heads aren't loose. Otherwise, it couldbe a dodgy set of strings, but I'm stumped, since I can't see the situation.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by prodigal1
are they ALL loose? sometimes when you change the strings on your guitar, SOME of the strings don't go all the way through. meaning, the ball ends get stuck somewhere inside the body and after a while they push through, thus providing extra "hidden" string and making them loose. hope this helps

I don't think ANY Gibsons have string-thru bodies....
Quote by IncubusMan999
If you say you are in standard, I am not sure what the problem could be. Check your intonation at the bridge and check that your machine heads aren't loose. Otherwise, it couldbe a dodgy set of strings, but I'm stumped, since I can't see the situation.

It wouldn't be the intonation or anything. I got it for Christmas and havn't touched anything, it was perfect when I got it and has been until tonight.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Jackson JS30RR

Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss Metal Zone
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Ibanez Lo Fi
Behringer Tuner

Marshall AVT100X

Quote by IUseAPurplePick
Quote by Joshrocker48
I Use a purple pick.

+1
Quote by dunda130
I don't think ANY Gibsons have string-thru bodies....

woops hehe forgot about that....honestly, i can't think of anything else that could be wrong with it, except tuning posts. tug on the strings and make sure they really stay in place. maybe someone messed with the strings while you werent looking???
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.