I started a thread a couple of days ago asking for recommendations for a PC. Thanks for all the help, but I've decided to get a laptop instead. I'll be buying it here in Malaysia and bringing it to Canada in the middle of this year to use during my 4 years there.

Basically, I have a budget of around US $700 so anything around that or less would be alright.

I'm going to be using it for regular web surfing, recording, and college assignments. 2GB or more RAM would be good, and it needs a decent amount of storage space, of course. Also, a DVD burner would be a definite bonus.

Any recommendations?

EDIT: No Macs please. I don't have the moolah.
Last edited by Time Seller at Feb 13, 2009,
I'm not too good with foreign currencies, but check out Dell's XPS Series if you plan on gaming at all, or even recording.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by Time Seller
I started a thread a couple of days ago asking for recommendations for a PC. Thanks for all the help, but I've decided to get a laptop instead. I'll be buying it here in Malaysia and bringing it to Canada in the middle of this year to use during my 4 years there.

Basically, I have a budget of around US $700 so anything around that or less would be alright.

I'm going to be using it for regular web surfing, recording, and college assignments. 2GB or more RAM would be good, and it needs a decent amount of storage space, of course. Also, a DVD burner would be a definite bonus.

Any recommendations?

EDIT: No Macs please. I don't have the moolah.

Won't that make it a different voltage?
You're*