Greetings,

I am not sure if I should post this here, since its in regards to sound.

I have downloaded the guitar pro tabs for Ten Words and Super Colossal by Joe Satriani, and I now know the tablature for them pretty well.

However
I have listened to the two songs and I cant seem to replicate the sound in either of these songs. I have watched videos on youtube of people performing these covers and the sound they are producing is almost if not spot on.

I am using a Line 6 Spider III 75w Combo with FBV express pedal, and have tried various presets/settings and effect combinations no luck so far. I have posted on Line 6 forums but nothing so far.

Any feedback will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Get a valve amp.

But it's probably your technique; tone is in the fingers and whatnot.

Be a bit more specific about what the problem is.
Member of the 7-String + ERG Legion.
Last edited by OldHairyOne at Feb 13, 2009,
and id say that belongs to musician talk,no offence.

i havent listened to the songs that you posted about,but satriani is using alot of guitar effects in his latest songs,thats the problem in mine mind.a beginner mind so i may be easily wrong :P
satriani may have his own kind of effect/settings for it thats very hard to create,it can be also your gear or technique.
Last edited by Recon _/ at Feb 13, 2009,
Thankyou for the response.

Sorry about the initial post I was unsure of where to post this.

I am pretty sure my technique is OK (have checked with my tutor).
I have been looking at a Peavey ValveKing 2x12 Combo amp in particular and other valve amps for the last few weeks in reponse to "get a valve amp".

Should be getting one soon.