Im looking to get a good tube combo to replace my peavey windsor which is just too big and loud. Ive got about 1000 canadian to spend. MAYBE a little more. The amp has to have reverb and has to have to channels, clean and lead etc. I'm looking for something that'll play hard rock, a little bit of metal, but still have a good clean for stuff like SRV. Check out my profile to see what bands I like.

I've been looking at the peavey classic 50 212 but I dont wanna go out and get it and find something else I like, I want to keep my options open.

Thanks in advance.
Peavey Valveking 112 or 212, they're awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavnofingrprnt
well there are only three true people alive today who are actually possesed by satan

Dakota Fanning, the kfc general dude, and my neighbor and all of them dont have much musical ability
Too bad you're not 5 months earlier. There was a Long & McQuade attic sale, it had a Soldano 15W combo that was the greatest thing I've ever played.

On that note, what kind of wattage are you looking at?
Yeah, a valveking with some pedals shnould do the trick. With my BOSS GT-10 it sounds like a dream
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
bugera either 333xl 212 or a 6262
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Quote by John5rules125
Yeah, a valveking with some pedals shnould do the trick. With my BOSS GT-10 it sounds like a dream

too loud, and too hardcore metal for me, sorry, I'm really picky when it comes to my tone.

I'm looking for something that has SRV and JH cleans, and like a marshall super lead/jcm 800 lead and rhythm tones.
Last edited by aceshigh16 at Feb 13, 2009,
Yeahh, i'd say a valveking aswell.
212 if it's in your price range.
Peaveys have such better tone than Marshalls, and more reasonable prices.
Check out some Orange or Madison amps
Gibson 1972 SG Pro T-Top Bridge, P90 Neck
Dean DBD T ML
Jackson JS30RR EMGs 85-81
Epiphone G-400 Goth
76 Mann Les Paul Custom
Fender f-230 Accoustic
Randall RG-180 DX
Line6 Spider III HD75 Head - Behringer 412
Saving for a Marshall JCM 800.
The Valveking isn't an all metal amp, it's designed to be versatile, you can dial in so many different tones with the amp if you spend a bit of time with it, it's designed to be budget so you're not going to get great tone for everything, you're going to get good tone for lots of styles though, great rock tones out of my 112 and some good thrash tone aswell, it handles different tunings quite well too, stock speaker's a bit muddy but all round it's a good amp.

Clean channel's a bit mediocre for my taste but I rarely ever use it and when I do, my pickups save the day.
Quote by XianXiuHong
The Valveking isn't an all metal amp, it's designed to be versatile, you can dial in so many different tones with the amp if you spend a bit of time with it, it's designed to be budget so you're not going to get great tone for everything, you're going to get good tone for lots of styles though, great rock tones out of my 112 and some good thrash tone aswell, it handles different tunings quite well too, stock speaker's a bit muddy but all round it's a good amp.

Clean channel's a bit mediocre for my taste but I rarely ever use it and when I do, my pickups save the day.

Didn't know you had a VK. You got some skills man, your a troll but you have skills

Yea the stock speaker is horrific, with a speaker swap its a solid budget amp.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by Necrophagist777
Didn't know you had a VK. You got some skills man, your a troll but you have skills

Yea the stock speaker is horrific, with a speaker swap its a solid budget amp.

Yeah, I got it used for about $450 AUD, it would have cost me $1000 if I bought it brand new, an offer I couldn't pass up .

Troll? I'm not a troll

The Celestion Vintage 30 would be a good replacement for the stock speaker, it'll set you back about $100
Quote by XianXiuHong
Yeah, I got it used for about $450 AUD, it would have cost me $1000 if I bought it brand new, an offer I couldn't pass up .

Troll? I'm not a troll

The Celestion Vintage 30 would be a good replacement for the stock speaker, it'll set you back about $100

AUS sucks price-wise. The vintage 30 is really popular replacement for the VK, a cheap alternative is the WGS Veteran 30, sort of a V30 clone. But they are only sold in the US.

I have an Eminence Man o War in mine.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Ok, UG is retarted, if he has 1000 canadian why would he want a peavey valveking? Their not that good. I'd look into a fender amp, some of the lead channels arent that great, but basically your getting amazing cleans and a pretty solid rock tones for a reasonable price.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
Rectoverb maybe? I'm not sure of the price.
Quote by Rick540
I play in drop F. When I chug on the 6th string the floor splits open and satan crawls out.
hot rod deluxe perhaps? Granted its a 112 and 40w, its about 700USD...im not up on the Canadian-US exchange rate right now. Then theres the Deville which i think is a hundred more...you can get that in a 2x12 at 60W or a 4x10.

I'll be getting a Deluxe. It fits the tones you're looking for but spec wise maybe not...

EDIT-just reread the OP...youll need a pedal to get to metal territory but with the Hot Rod cleans it should sound great.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
Quote by milkmanv1
Ok, UG is retarted, if he has 1000 canadian why would he want a peavey valveking? Their not that good. I'd look into a fender amp, some of the lead channels arent that great, but basically your getting amazing cleans and a pretty solid rock tones for a reasonable price.

I never recommend a VK, I was just commenting on speakers.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by HyperBoy2519
hot rod deluxe perhaps? Granted its a 112 and 40w, its about 700USD...im not up on the Canadian-US exchange rate right now. Then theres the Deville which i think is a hundred more...you can get that in a 2x12 at 60W or a 4x10.

I'll be getting a Deluxe. It fits the tones you're looking for but spec wise maybe not...

EDIT-just reread the OP...you'll need a pedal to get to metal territory but with the Hot Rod cleans it should sound great.

This, I never wanted to try fender amps because when I first picked up guitar I was obsessed with nice thick high-gain stuff. Not that I regret my Dual Recto , but now that I'm content, I enjoy playing other amps. I am impressed with fender amps, simply because there not overpriced to hell and back and they have great tone.

Oh and when i war posting about valvekings, I wasn't trying to single anyone out I was just stating, that for a grand why would you get a valveking? I mean, I'm not going to say their a bad amp, cause that would just be ignorant, but if he has that much money to spend you can do much better. I find valvekings good if your going for the cheapest tube amp possible that actually has some power, and eventually plan to do a simple speaker swap, and made get the tubes swapped out for a high quality set. Then it will sound like an amp 2wice it's price. Fenders however I like em right out of the box.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
Quote by milkmanv1
This, I never wanted to try fender amps because when I first picked up guitar I was obsessed with nice thick high-gain stuff. Not that I regret my Dual Recto , but now that I'm content, I enjoy playing other amps. I am impressed with fender amps, simply because there not overpriced to hell and back and they have great tone.

Oh and when i war posting about valvekings, I wasn't trying to single anyone out I was just stating, that for a grand why would you get a valveking? I mean, I'm not going to say their a bad amp, cause that would just be ignorant, but if he has that much money to spend you can do much better. I find valvekings good if your going for the cheapest tube amp possible that actually has some power, and eventually plan to do a simple speaker swap, and made get the tubes swapped out for a high quality set. Then it will sound like an amp 2wice it's price. Fenders however I like em right out of the box.

I completely agree with you about the VK

And Fender's cleans are amazing. Played a Hot Rod Deluxe the other day, almost creamed myself.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Fender amps are great, I agree. Nobody has mentioned Vox yet though. Reasons?

AC30CC2X? Might be just what you're after.
Quote by HyperBoy2519

EDIT-just reread the OP...youll need a pedal to get to metal territory but with the Hot Rod cleans it should sound great.

This.
I have a HR Deluxe and it is wonderful. Very versatile.
look into some traynor amps
"And Whamo! Your stuck with some boring job, and they dont let you play guitar and they dont let you take pictures of naked women"
-Homer Simpson
Traynor classic blue, or Orange tiny terror. With the TT I recommend a seperate head and cab, instead of the combo, that way you can use a large cab and still set to the lower wattage.
Now thats the ugliest damn bong I've ever seen!