Stop Hovering and click

Now that I have your attention. OK, two problems here. Both Input jack problems. I got an old Ibanez (like and RG). Plays great, I love it. But when I plug it in I have to keep pressure on it in a certain way in order for it to go to the amp. The soldering looks fine to me aswell. I am not sure if its the metal piece that its touching (ive tried bending it to different angles, nothing works) or if its faulty wires.

My other problem is on my POS Epiphone SG Special, it was fuzzing cause the soldering was ****. So took all the bad soldering off last night, but forgot which wire (red or black) went where When I plugged it back in I could hear my guitar through the amp but there was major fuzzing. Is it just me putting it on backwards that caused this?

Thanks
Hello
i'll hover all i want and just for that i'm not helping you.
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
Quote by riffmasterjosh
i'll hover all i want and just for that i'm not helping you.

same here
If you're a hot chick you've probably got a good chance with the lead singer or guitar player, If you're a little bit overweight, you should probably go for the drummer. If you're a dude, go for the bass player
lulz, i hovered and could still read your post
try doing that better next time
(\/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny.
(")_(") ExtremeMetalFTW donated these ears
Notice something wrong? Yea, me too
| |
[ ]
Quote by Siege of Power
lulz, i hovered and could still read your post
try doing that better next time

Hahaha mine didnt show up like that lol.

Thanks for the help guys!
Hello
Don't make unrelated thread titles, it'll get you warned.

For the RG, did you make sure that the jack was screwed in tightly? Also try a different cable.
For the Epi, look up some diagrams and fix the wiring, and next time, write down where your wires go before you de-solder them mmkay?
aww i thought it was about boobs....
Stanford.U.

7wholegrainsonamission

Not because of who I am
But because of what you've done.
Not because of what I've done
But because of who you are
for the RG, try bending the tip connection of the jack inwards, like towards the cable's end.
if thats not it, it may be that a wire's broken internally. to the continuity detector, away!

for the SG, yeah, it sounds like you've got them backwards

edit: wait, you dont know where the wires from the jack go now, or the wires from the pickup?

if its the pickup wires you're not sure about, then it doesnt matter as long as you use the same for both pickups. the noise is probably from a bad solder joint somewhere

if its the jack, then try reversing them
Last edited by james4 at Feb 13, 2009,