I need a new speaker for my jcm 900 combo (50 watt, 1x12)

this is basically the standard that it comes with, which makes me think its the best option.

I'm going for a clean speaker, with a lot of bass and somewhat modern voiced.

anything else i should look at?

also i'm going to be ordering this thing like today

thanks
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
I have a pair g12k-85. THey are pretty much a standard, very good speakers.
Main Rigs
Guitars
Thineline tele with SD lil '59

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
Thick and chunky bottom end, but it doesn't track as fast/tight as more modern sounding speakers. The midrange is scooped. The top end is aggressive and tends to make high gain sound a touch harsh IMO. When I use them I think they have a tendancy to sound like late 70s/early 80s scooped heavy metal tones.

The more modern choice is Vintage 30s. The bottom end isn't quite as big but it extends deeper in frequency. They have a very tight bottom end. The midrange is very prominent, though it can get a touch harsh if you're driving them extremely hard (may not be as much of an issue if you're pushing a 4x12 w/ 50w). The top end is warm sounding with a rolled off treble response... this is a double edged sword as it has a tendancy to make clean tones sound a touch dull, but smooths out higher gain sounds so thaty they're not as harsh sounding.

I use both at the same time as I think they compliment each other nicely. If I could only use one I'd use V30s.... G12Ts are too scooped on their own for my tastes.
Quote by some_dude_2
Thick and chunky bottom end, but it doesn't track as fast/tight as more modern sounding speakers. The midrange is scooped. The top end is aggressive and tends to make high gain sound a touch harsh IMO. When I use them I think they have a tendancy to sound like late 70s/early 80s scooped heavy metal tones.

The more modern choice is Vintage 30s. The bottom end isn't quite as big but it extends deeper in frequency. They have a very tight bottom end. The midrange is very prominent, though it can get a touch harsh if you're driving them extremely hard (may not be as much of an issue if you're pushing a 4x12 w/ 50w). The top end is warm sounding with a rolled off treble response... this is a double edged sword as it has a tendancy to make clean tones sound a touch dull, but smooths out higher gain sounds so thaty they're not as harsh sounding.

I use both at the same time as I think they compliment each other nicely. If I could only use one I'd use V30s.... G12Ts are too scooped on their own for my tastes.

thanks for the reply

the 900 is naturally a bright voiced amp with a lot of mids, so having scooped mids is alright because its more of a balance thing i think

i've heard a lot about the v30, but it doesn't seem to fit, because of the focus on mids/highs that the 900 already focuses on
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
thanks for the reply

the 900 is naturally a bright voiced amp with a lot of mids, so having scooped mids is alright because its more of a balance thing i think

i've heard a lot about the v30, but it doesn't seem to fit, because of the focus on mids/highs that the 900 already focuses on

G12Ts have a much brighter high end than Vintage 30s. It's the second biggest a
complaint I hear against them.

V30s have a strong midrange, but their high end is warmer/rolled off in comparison.
G12T-75s really only work well with british sounding amps, so you're fine there, but being that the JCM900 is more modern voiced, the V30 might be a better choice.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
+1 Matrix sounds great in Plexi and 800 style amps I"m not sure on a 900 though
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era