Ok so i searched and couldnt find a jack johnson thread and i was floored. So i'm starting a jack johnson thread for reviewing his albums, suggesting songs, and just discussing the musical genuis of jack. Please contribute in anyway. I dont have all his albums so if anyone wants to put reviews up feel free.

In Between Dreams

ok so i'll start with what i believe is his best album. Its a very relaxed album consisting mostly of simple and relaxing songs. Most of his more popular songs came off of this album. I also loved the cover art with the tree and him holding a guitar. It featured alot of his awesome palm mute rhythms.

1. Better Together
It starts with a super relaxing simple love song. It opens with a cool slide riff thats extremely simple to play. I play it with a capo at the 3rd fret with a simple chord progression with some palm mutes to fill out the rhythm. An awesome song to start an awesome album.

2. Never Know
Never know is another of the awesome relaxing and simple songs. Its a barre chord rhythm thats pretty simple. Its extremely simple but you'll find yourself loving it more and more everytime you hear it.

3. Banana Pancakes
Ok this is probably his most popular song. It takes simple to a whole nother level but it sound pretty sweet with the rain in the background. The intro riff is great for beginners to learn and the bar chord rhythm is also good for beginners. This is one that girls usually love as well.

4. Good People
I personally love this song. Its very catchy and has a little bit of a hidden message. I highly reccomend checking this song out.

5. No Other Way
This is an awesome song with great work on the guitar. A capo at the 3rd fret and UG's tab and your golden. A song you can fall asleep and wake up to. One of his best songs ever in my opinion.

6. Sitting, Waiting, Wishing
This song is a little more fast pace with a cool guitar rhythm thats very catchy. I personally love this song. One of his better more radio oriented songs along with banana pancakes.

7. Staple It Together
This is a song that I dont really make a point to listen to, but when it comes up on my ipod i cant seem to skip to the next song. Definatly one of his more fast pace songs and very fun to listen to.

8. Situations
An extremely relaxing song. Not my favorite of this album but i still really enjoy listening to it.

9. Crying Shame
Another one of the more fast paced songs on this album this is a good song with and awesome chorus. Also one of his patented simple but awesome songs.

10. If I Could
I dont listen to this song very frequently as its one of my least favorite of this album. But try it for yourself.

11. Breakdown
This is an awesome song. When i first got the album it was my favorite song on it. A sweet ukelele intro thats playable on a guitar. I love this chorus and the verses have powerful message filled lines.

12. Belle
One of the girl based songs on the album. Its super relaxing and the guitar line is pretty cool in my opinon.

13. Do You Remember
An awesome love song of this album. Sweet guitar line opens it up. I love this song one of my favorites.

14. Constellations
Usually albums finish up with songs that are never really listened to. Not this one. Constellations may well be the best song on the cd. It is the most relaxing song i think i've ever heard. Everytime i hear it i love it more than the last time i listened to it.

All in all i think this is a great album and very fun and relaxing to listen to or to play. Most of the songs are pretty easy to play on guitar if you can play barre chords and simple riffs.
dave matthews might.. just.. be.. god..

Quote by gregs1020
yes, pointing it at your head will send the sound towards your head.

it's the same with guns too, before you go testing that one.
Last edited by uncboy19 at Feb 13, 2009,
Well, first of all, I think it should be the officiaL Jack Johnson thread.

Secondly, although I don't have any of his albums, and I don't know many of his songs, I really like Jack Johnson
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
haha yea true. didnt even notice that

Quote by gregs1020

Sitting Waiting Wishing was one of the first songs I 've ever played !!! I still remember how my brother hated me for playing this song all day long .
haha i can imagine. banana pancakes was the same for me.

Quote by gregs1020

If you want to make a nonspecific Jack Johnson thread, it should go in the Bands & Artists forum... most likely under Alternative & Indie I guess.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17

There is probably already a Jack Johnson thread there though. Try a search in that forum and see what you turn up with. I hate to close your thread cause I see you put some time into your post, and I dig JJ also, but general threads on bands and artists go in the... Bands & Artists forum