No, you have to take the inner or outer two out.

And then you need to do some stuff i'm not sure of
Don't do it. It will play with one tube, but it will sound awful. Two tubes would knock the volume down a bit but I wouldn't trust those transformers to take the added strain.
Just use the volume/gain knobs or get a smaller amp or less efficient speakers or an attenuator.
You take them out in pairs (since they work together in pairs) probably the inner two (so the outer two are further apart and the heat can escape better). Then you must double the load on the amp. Example:

You have an 8 ohm amp into an 8 ohm load. When you pull two tube you either need to make the load (speaker cab) 16 ohms or set the amp to 4 ohms and run it into the existing 8 ohm cab.

Now, here's the kicker, it'll only reduce the amps volume by about 3 db. Really the only advantage is that you save tubes and you can use a cab of lower wattage without worrying about destroying it.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Roc8995
Don't do it. It will play with one tube, but it will sound awful. Two tubes would knock the volume down a bit but I wouldn't trust those transformers to take the added strain.
Just use the volume/gain knobs or get a smaller amp or less efficient speakers or an attenuator.

+1.

If you take out tubes, take out outer or inner and then an 8 ohm cab needs to go into a 4 ohm jack, 16 ohm into an 8 ohm...etc.

I make zero garantees, other than "it'll blow up sooner".

Get an attenuator.
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
I really don't have to take them out
But the idea of doing it just ran past my mind

I'm not taking any chances now though, so I'll just keep them in
Thank you guys!
I learned something new today
Half power switches in some amps (Matchless for eg) do in fact disconnect two of the parallel push pull tubes (one from each side). This means less drive (current) to the output transformer's primary winding and a mismatched impedance which may or may not affect the CCT. It does not however change the output impedance, the ratio of turns between primary/secondary windings and the no. of windings on the secondary don't change. If it did a simple kill switch like the Matchless 30/15 would be able to work!
Moving on.....