I am looking into buying a new amp and I am looking at the Fender Hot Rod series, Mainly Daville, Bluesman Deluxe, and the Blues Deluxe Re-Issue. I like their gains but I KNOW I will want a murky distortion because I can make a brighter gain on my guitar using tone and pickup switching. The only one that seems to get me any heavier OD is Blues Deluxe Re-Issue.

So...what are suggestions for murky and dirty D-pedals? Please list pricing for each too.

(Ask any questions if you need to)
Russian (Sovtek) EHX Big Muff Pi....technically a fuzz, but the Sovtek is smoother and darker than the US model. $60

Way Huge Swollen Pickle...if you can afford it, you want this. Dark and grungy. $160.

Both of these are fuzzes, but grunge tends to use darker, smoother fuzzes rather than straight up distortion pedals.
Fighting the good fight since 'ought-diggity.

My Gear

"When you think of it, a really good effect should not mean that your search is over; it should mean that your journey is just getting started."
If you want a nirvana tone then a ds1/ds2 is the way to go.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Pft I can make Nirvana tone by just lowering my Bridge pickups' tone.

Thanks for the help though. Really I don't need a fuzz I just need a smooth and deep OD. I make my own fuzzes with my EQ and guitar EQ.
Ok...if you want a deep smooth overdrive I wouldn't look at an HRD.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
If you want a nirvana tone then a ds1/ds2 is the way to go.

ds1 was used on bleach I think. Everything else was a proco rat. Its a dam good distortion pedal.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
My suggestions:
Boss DS-2 $79.99
Fender Blender $150-200
Big Muff Sovtek: $58.95 USA:$76.50
MXR M173 Silicon Fuzz $119
Red Witch Fuzz God II $250
If I crank all three knobs on my USA Big Muff, then I can get a pretty good grunge distortion. But other than that, the Big Muff isn't crispy enough for grunge, so I'd suggest a Boss DS-1 or 2, or a Digitech Grunge.
Quote by Kensai
Hipster.

I have a name. It is Mitch.