all i can ever find is the bloody MGs. any better marshalls under £200?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

does it have to be marshall? if you increase your budget by around £100 you can get a used JCM800. If you are planning on buying new with a £200 budget you have little options.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Why Marshalls? Because you want to look cool with the brand name on your amp?

Seriously, don't look for brands, look for a sound that suits you. Try out amps in your price range, and buy what you like best.
ive been looking at peavey vypyr 30Xs and ive heard good things about them. but whats the range of effects on a peavey vypyr? and would it work with the effects i intent to buy in pedal form (crybaby, phase switcher)

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

bluntly: No
long answer: no, good marshalls are expensive
really long answer: nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
If you not gigging get a Valve Junior and a plexi pedal or POD with amp modeling. Will be alot better then anything that says marshall on it in your price range.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
the new version of the MG is ok if you're just looking for a practice amp - but you could do better for the money, given that the 30 watter is costs £150+..
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
i think ill probably just get the vypyr actually. its got a good enough reputation for me to want it. if its unsatisfactory ill ask for a refund or something.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
i think ill probably just get the vypyr actually. its got a good enough reputation for me to want it. if its unsatisfactory ill ask for a refund or something.

or try before you buy - you're at a real advantage if you've got any shops nearby. all the shops in the city i live in are pretty crap, so i have to make a half an hour journey to a little village out of town to find a good shop, but it's definitely worth the effort of making sure you end up getting gear that's right for you.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
the music shop in my town only sells bogner, line 6 and top-end marshalls for some reason. the only decent amp ivep layed through there was when i bought my RG. i played through a peavy cabinet full stack with a marshall head. which i looked on the website and was £3000.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

keep hunting about. I did once know someone who had sold a JCM800 combo for ~£200.

sadly, the money had allready been exchanged, so I couln't buy it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
no decent marshalls under 200, not really any above 200 either.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
consider Laney amps
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Quote by chea_man

sizzle

OP: 200 squids isn't going to go that far
Get a cube or a vypyr. Try 'em both out to see which one you like best, though, cause some people can't stand one, the other, or either.
Quote by ZeGuitarist
Why Marshalls? Because you want to look cool with the brand name on your amp?

Seriously, don't look for brands, look for a sound that suits you. Try out amps in your price range, and buy what you like best.

That is not really fair to say, if someone wants the Marshall tone, its natural that they would look for a Marshall. I wanted a Marshall JTM45 tone, so I went for a JTM45. It seemed reasonable at the time... I wonder where I went wrong...
Quote by chea_man

And so the Marshall bashing begins...