GC sales guy told me the other day that the best Gibson LP that I can get with a thick (50's) neck is 2008 Standard. I'm looking for either a new Supreme or Custom.

Do they exist ??
Don't the 50's have a thin neck? Or is it the 60's? Either way, with the subject, it seems like you sort of imply LP's don't usually have a thick neck... they very much do, and with that said, 90% of LP's will be good for you. I think you either typo'd something, or the GC guy is a retard, which would be no surprise.
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
Quote by HavokStrife
Don't the 50's have a thin neck? Or is it the 60's? Either way, with the subject, it seems like you sort of imply LP's don't usually have a thick neck... they very much do, and with that said, 90% of LP's will be good for you. I think you either typo'd something, or the GC guy is a retard, which would be no surprise.

50's necks supposed to be thickest ones. 60's is also known as "slim tapered" I think.
I have tried those and it's too thin for me. I have long fingers and it's hard to get a good grip.
The thing is, I friend of mine owns a Custom Shop Custom LP and it's neck is really thick. But I can't afford anything "Gibson Custom Shop", so I wonder if there is anything *regular issue* that I can get my hands on.
I also heard somewhere that LP's have thin necks, which me having big hands, is a turn off, but LP's have thick/wide necks you say? There's no guitar shops around my area that carry LP's, I have to drive 124 miles to a GC to play one.
G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow
Ibanez SR305 DX
Washbrun XB100 (modified)
Ibanez SW35

Fender Telecaster (MIM)
Orange Crush 15R

Danelectro Corned Beef Reverb
Digitech Hardwire DL-8