I use a Mark III Red Stripe running througha Marshall 1960A, and I was wondering, am I getting the full potential of this amp with this cab??? Most people I see that use Marks use Celestion V30's, while I use G12T-75's. Is this the best speaker/cab choice????
If you like the tone I wouldn't be concerned. I think you're just experiencing some GAS.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
If you like the tone I wouldn't be concerned. I think you're just experiencing some GAS.

Well, the tone is okay, just not as godlike as everyone says. I was thnking, maybe it was the cab/speakers. If my parents would let me, I would trade it for a Recto 2x12, but my parents said no, so thats out of the question (im only 13, I have to listen to my parents).
You should be glad to have such a badass setup at the age of 13!

Well, if you want to be discreet about it, you could take the speakers out, sell them, and look for some used V30's, but I dunno if you could get enough money for the 75's
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Quote by Phoenix-Kun
The fact that your 13 with that kind of amp scares me...

Check my Youtube channel

Im not a n00b with rich parents.
Quote by FlightofIcarus
You should be glad to have such a badass setup at the age of 13!

Well, if you want to be discreet about it, you could take the speakers out, sell them, and look for some used V30's, but I dunno if you could get enough money for the 75's

How do you replace speakers???? Maybe I could sell 2 G12T-75's and get 2 V30's and run them in an X pattern. And, yeah I know, I love my rig. Pretty simple, but it does all I want.
Unhook/unsolder the old ones, rehook/resolder the new ones, quite simple.

Try doing this as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mze7-zhkx-4

IbanezPsycho did this to his and said it make a noticeable difference. The only thing I wouldn't suggest is washing it out with water, everything else makes since.
The 1960s actually sound pretty good with the Mark series, I wouldn't be too fussed about it.

Trading a 1960 for a Mesa 2x12 would be a bad deal on your part anyway imo
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
The 1960s actually sound pretty good with the Mark series, I wouldn't be too fussed about it.

Trading a 1960 for a Mesa 2x12 would be a bad deal on your part anyway imo

Okay
I guess ill mess with the EQ more thanks
Quote by bulletrocks522
Okay
I guess ill mess with the EQ more thanks

What are your settings at?

And to you man, you have some mad skills for being 13, being able to play those BTBAM songs at that age is ridiculous
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
What are your settings at?

And to you man, you have some mad skills for being 13, being able to play those BTBAM songs at that age is ridiculous

On the graphic EQ, pretty much an inverted V with some boosted high mids and lows. Basically, I want to tighten my tone.
Now heres my EQ settings:
Treble: 7 (pulled)
Bass: 2
Middle: 10
Presence: 2

BTW, thanks for the compliment, an amp demo to come soon (with SM57).
Maybe try less mids, those are pretty middy amps if I'm not mistaken. In my experience mesas tend to sound pretty good with some mid scoopage.
Quote by Kevin Saale
Maybe try less mids, those are pretty middy amps if I'm not mistaken. In my experience mesas tend to sound pretty good with some mid scoopage.

That's what I was going to say.

It's been a while since I've used a Mark III, so I can't really recall how close its EQ was to my Mark IV.

My settings on the Mark IV lead channel were:

Gain: 8
Treble: 6
Bass: 2 1/2
Mids: 5
GEQ: V

I tried the inverted V thing but imo, the Marks just sound best with the classic V, still had plenty of mids to cut through and I usually crank my mids
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
That's what I was going to say.

It's been a while since I've used a Mark III, so I can't really recall how close its EQ was to my Mark IV.

My settings on the Mark IV lead channel were:

Gain: 8
Treble: 6
Bass: 2 1/2
Mids: 5
GEQ: V

I tried the inverted V thing but imo, the Marks just sound best with the classic V, still had plenty of mids to cut through and I usually crank my mids

How can I tighten my tone besides boosting mids????
Cut the bass on the regular EQ and boost it on the GEQ? Thats normally what you would do with an external EQ.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by bulletrocks522
How can I tighten my tone besides boosting mids????

On the Mark series, the amps actually muddy up a bit if you add too much mids.

Another idea is using an overdrive pedal to boost the front end of it, should tighten it up a good bit.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
On the Mark series, the amps actually muddy up a bit if you add too much mids.

Another idea is using an overdrive pedal to boost the front end of it, should tighten it up a good bit.

But I heard Marks dont take pedals well. What about using a Sonic Maximizer to tighten it??
Quote by bulletrocks522
But I heard Marks dont take pedals well. What about using a Sonic Maximizer to tighten it??

Marks take pedals fine, an OD tightened up my Mark IV a little, but not enough for me to be bothered by its tone without it. Might be different with the Mark III. I'm not really too big of a fan of the Sonic Maximizers, all they are are a glorified EQ
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com