i just started using my whammy 4 properly

that one

and the pedal itself is incredibly stiff and kinda crackles (still the pedal) when i tilt it back. its not the sound through the amp, its the acutal pedals that crackles.

can i loosen any bolts etc to make the pedal a bit easier to tilt without breaking it?
thanks!
Yeah loosen what should be a black bolt on the right of the foot pedal itself and hold the bolt on the other side in place with another wrench. I have the same issue. What happens is they tighten it up at the factory because they don't want the pedal to drop to the closed position. You will have to periodically tighten it after loosening it because it will become so loose that the pedal will drop to the down position constantly.
1990 Gibson LP Studio
2007 American Deluxe Stratocaster
2006 Taylor 510-ce
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Quote by Deathcabforpat
Yeah loosen what should be a black bolt on the right of the foot pedal itself and hold the bolt on the other side in place with another wrench. I have the same issue. What happens is they tighten it up at the factory because they don't want the pedal to drop to the closed position. You will have to periodically tighten it after loosening it because it will become so loose that the pedal will drop to the down position constantly.

done! much smoother now! thanks its been un-used for about a year but now ive realised its actually amazing fun lol! its gonna be well loved