My band, we're mainly a funk band but lately our jams and writing sessions have been producing a lot of punk. I think its a great change (mainly because my favourite bands are mostly punk) and our funk is usually really fast and high-energy so it's similar to punk anyway. However, my band mates disagree with all of these punk jams and they think we should stick to our fast-funk roots ...

What can I say to them to change their decision, I know in my heart (sentimental I know ) that this little change is such a good thing for us.

And by the way, one punk song we wrote was the best thing we've ever written, and they all agreed on that so we are going to keep that one song no matter what.
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Erm, thought you kept saying you were a 'punk-pop power trio'? But yeah, write whatever comes into your head, don't limit your band with labels.
I think its good to mix up ur genres, me soon to be band is like 10 kinds metal lolz, tell them its good to mix it up, its more origional too.
Quote by EL2T
Erm, thought you kept saying you were a 'punk-pop power trio'? But yeah, write whatever comes into your head, don't limit your band with labels.

yeh, that was my old band. we split up, even though we were getting massive locally, but i love funk guitar so me and bass playing friend put together this funk band

and i dont recall using the word "power"
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Id say do a mixture of the two really, either punky funk or funky punk. Unfortuanetly, there is no real way to mix the two genres in a wrod, as your going to end up with either 'funk, or punk' either way lol.

But yeah, mix it up.
Don't limit yourself under labels. This is gonna sound weird on a forum of "metalheads" (if they can even call themselves that) but take the Linkin Park route and play music that's outside of the box... something hard to label. Punky Funk would be a pretty tricky one to industrialize.

Mix whatever genres you guys like as long as you can say that you enjoy your own songs as a group.
ill post some samples when they're done
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Write what makes you happy, and what you enjoy playing.

Let the listeners/critics worry about what it is called.
I'd have to say keeping a mix of genre keeps things from getting boring. Lol, that and if your funk and you make punk maybe thats a hint lol.
Quote by GangsterLi
My band, we're mainly a funk band but lately our jams and writing sessions have been producing a lot of punk. I think its a great change (mainly because my favourite bands are mostly punk) and our funk is usually really fast and high-energy so it's similar to punk anyway. However, my band mates disagree with all of these punk jams and they think we should stick to our fast-funk roots ...

What can I say to them to change their decision, I know in my heart (sentimental I know ) that this little change is such a good thing for us.

And by the way, one punk song we wrote was the best thing we've ever written, and they all agreed on that so we are going to keep that one song no matter what.

red hot chili peppers?

theyv'e(sp?) dipped in and out of thier funk roots and there just gods
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary