Well, my Ibanez S Series has a problem. Whenever I do a full bend on The High E String, the note dies out. Can anyone give some advice on as to how you would stop this. It's getting really frustrating. Sorry if this is already a thread. I used the searchbar, but couldn't really find an answer. Please redirect me to an answer if there is another one. Thanks
it sounds like you need a neck and bridge adjustment, find a good guitar tech in your area ,it shouldnt cost no more then 50 bucks for the complete set up with strings hope this helps!
Quote by Dio10101
Well, my Ibanez S Series has a problem. Whenever I do a full bend on The High E String, the note dies out. Can anyone give some advice on as to how you would stop this. It's getting really frustrating. Sorry if this is already a thread. I used the searchbar, but couldn't really find an answer. Please redirect me to an answer if there is another one. Thanks

Or try do it yourself to save some money. But do lots of research before doing so. Looks like your high E string could be a little too low, or too low at some point on the neck hence it's touching another fret when you bend.
Or it could also be just that one fret that's the problem.

If you have a a floating bridge, it'll take a lot more work to adjust everything, since adjusting one thing will affect everything else as well.

I would start by checking your action, and then the neck relief. If it doesn't work out in the end, you can still take it to a tech. The key is don't force it and you won't break anything.
fyi, there's a sticky on how to set up FLoyds and even standard guitars, right at the top of this page. you can check out the tutorials and ask questions.

like said. the fret might be dented or crooked. ($20 per fret)

the string might have a kink in it.

the string might be too low.
make sure bridge is level at ass end.
and if needed you can raise the bridge posts.

like said, raising the bridge posts (info in tutorial) means lifting all the strings.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011