My thoughts so far:

1. The amp modeling is SUPER detailed. Down to how the EQ behaves for each individual amp.

2. The 2x12s really add some chunk to the high gain amps.

3. On the other hand, the 2x12s seem to take a bit more tinkering to get a good tone out of the bright, clean driven amps.

4. It is LOUD. I don't have an issue with volume since I live a ways out and have cool neighbors, but even with the Power level on at 7-8 o'clock I had no reason to turn the master all the way up

Haven't played with it a ton but sampled all the amps. I think I have the most trouble dialing in the Vox models, haha. I've never played/owned a REAL one but they seem very bassy/mid heavy. I'll have to experiment more. I think I will wind up getting an EQ pedal to run in the loop sometime but for the time being I'm really pleased. Thumbs up x2.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
PURTY

Record some stuff! Give us clips!
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by Exo M7
PURTY

Record some stuff! Give us clips!

Haha, thanks. And I definitely will after work tonight. Unfortunately I had enough time to pick it up today/snap pic/play it for 30 minutes and now I'm getting ready to head out. My camera doesn't have the best mic but hopefully it'll give you a decent idea.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
I wonder if they're going to come out with a VT100 head.

I would totally get one of the new valvetronix's if they had a head.
Wow, that seems like an extremely nice amp. Nice purchase

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by Telestar
Your camera is really nice!
As well as the amp. How much did it set you back?

Alright I lied, I haven't left for work YET, haha. But within the next 10 minutes, I swear! I had to go back and play it for a few more minutes :P.

Well Sweetwater Music was originally gonna sell me a VT50. They sold out before they could hold me one so they offered to make it right back selling me the VT100 for $590. Sounded fair to me.

EDIT: And thanks for the camera props. It's a Nikon D40. I shot the pics using the stock 18-55mm lens and used my SB-600 external flash to light things up.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Last edited by ianae86 at Feb 13, 2009,
Super tired/delirious acting clip coming up. Just processing now then I'll get it up on Youtube. Not much but it shows a couple amps I hadn't heard in other demos. Also, I mention it in the video but if you're curious about any amp models, shoot me a request and I'll take some footage of 'em.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Quote by imgooley
I wonder if they're going to come out with a VT100 head.

I would totally get one of the new valvetronix's if they had a head.

They already have
http://www.zzounds.com/item--VOXAD100VTH

Anyway, sweet amp man. I have the AD30VT and love it, I must say that VOX makes one fine product.
Last edited by in2thesun88 at Feb 14, 2009,
Quote by ianae86
That's the old AD series. The VT's are a brand new line of modeling amps. Here's the really lousy video, haha.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjJMTG-aQAY

This is what I was going to say.

I have an AD50VT, but I really want to get a VT head.
cheers for the demos

just wondering whether you could possibly do a clip showing the uk25th channel? Id like to see (and im sure many others would) how well it does slash style stuff!
Nice one.

I always liked how responsive these amps are. You can go from a fat crunch tone to a clean sound easily with your guitar's volume knob, not all modelling amps can pull that off convincingly.

Hey, can you tell me how it sounds in comparison to one of the older Vox Valvetronix amps? I never had a chance to directly compare them. Both were great anyway though.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Feb 17, 2009,
Quote by slashs_#1_fan
cheers for the demos

just wondering whether you could possibly do a clip showing the uk25th channel? Id like to see (and im sure many others would) how well it does slash style stuff!

I'll have to see what I can do for you. The only mahogany guitar I have at the moment is my EC-500 which has actives in it (yuck). That, and I kinda suck at GnR stuff. I'll see what I can do for you though, haha. Basic tone description for that model in my own words is that it's a very crisp high gain amp. I can usually run the gain at 10 o'clock and have all the crunch I need for that classic rock tone. I just have trouble getting a good EQ dialed in on it. Seems bass/mid heavy.

Quote by TheQuailman
Nice one.

I always liked how responsive these amps are. You can go from a fat crunch tone to a clean sound easily with your guitar's volume knob, not all modelling amps can pull that off convincingly.

Hey, can you tell me how it sounds in comparison to one of the older Vox Valvetronix amps? I never had a chance to directly compare them. Both were great anyway though.

Thanks a bunch! I love the versatility as well. Not only can it go from one extreme to the next, but it does them very convincingly.

The only other Valvetronix I've played is a friend's older AD50VT. It certainly doesn't sound "bad", and responds much more organically then most solid states but I really think they've nailed the modeling in the new VT series.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Quote by slashs_#1_fan
cheers for the demos

As requested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEIUhyQeBkU

Ugh at the playing, haha. But it is what it is. I DID learn these songs right after reading your original request so bare with me.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Quote by ianae86
As requested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEIUhyQeBkU

Ugh at the playing, haha. But it is what it is. I DID learn these songs right after reading your original request so bare with me.

Hi mate, I really appreciate the demos

Thanks for learning the songs, I appreciate the effort you went to That welcome to the jungle part was just what I was looking for to confirm im definately going to get one of these! You dialed just the right amount of gain in and it sounded great. I wonder if the bass/mid heaviness is with the 2x12? Ive read that it can be bassy. Im definately getting the VT30 at easter now, so Ill report on whether the amp model on that is too bassy etc.

Thanks again!

Vox make great amps.
How are the presets?

And is that an ESP Eclipse 2 or EC-1000 I see there? If so, beautiful guitar, its my dream to have one

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Last edited by EndTheRapture51 at Feb 18, 2009,
This is a great amp. I love the way they sound. And I hate most modeling amps. But this and the vypyr tube are top notch for me. I like the vypyr tube a bit more because it has a more real feel and sound. But I still love these things. This would be my second choice and I would choose it over the solid state vypyr.
Thanks for all the props! My favorite part of the GnR vid is where I smack the guitar into the chair and lose my train of though :P

The guitar is an LTD EC-500. I love the feel of the guitar, just not the actives that come in it. Probably swap them for something passive eventually. I'm pretty sure the bassiness of the amp is a result of the larger speakers and has nothing to do with the modeling. I've got an EQ pedal coming this week to run in the FX loop. It's supposed to be like taking a blanket off the amp. It already sounds great to me so I'm excited to hear the difference.

And is that the 100watt XL series up there? Those are pretty sweet as well. The pre-sets on the current VT line sound really good but I've always been more into sticking to manual mode and dialing in custom stuff. There are some good demo's of the presets on the VT30 on Youtube if you wanna hear them.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
I finally figured out the direct recording with the amp tonight. I'm uploading a video right now showing a few different amp models recorded directly!
SLAP energy drinks ftw.