I want a little better sound from my epi les paul studio. The new pickups I had in mind were the Gibson Dirty Fingers in the bridge and the Seymour Duncan Invader in the neck. I play punk, alternative, and rock. My would spend anywhere from $70-100 on pickups. I play out of a Peavey Windsor with a Boss DS-1 distortion hooked up to it. So does this setup sound good for me?
Either mod the DS-1 or get a new distortion. That should help a little.

What Led Zeppeling45 said as well. $100 pairs are not that good.
an invader is NOT a punk pup. its a high-gain metal pickup. if you play high-gain punk, then good for you. but nowadays, the gain level in punk is from mid to upper mid, and a lot of clean parts added in.
anyways, i suggest alnico II's and jazz, both from SD. great pups, played them in my friend's guitar, and the combo is great for going from nice clean tones to upper-mid gain rock, and if you push the amp, can get decent high-gain sounds as well.
the jazz is about 80 dollars, and the alnico II is about 110.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Quote by kumamilesbear
an invader is NOT a punk pup. its a high-gain metal pickup. if you play high-gain punk, then good for you. but nowadays, the gain level in punk is from mid to upper mid, and a lot of clean parts added in.
anyways, i suggest alnico II's and jazz, both from SD. great pups, played them in my friend's guitar, and the combo is great for going from nice clean tones to upper-mid gain rock, and if you push the amp, can get decent high-gain sounds as well.
the jazz is about 80 dollars, and the alnico II is about 110.

haha ya what about the dirty fingers? and tom delonge used the invader on his strat so it kinda is a punk pickup. and i play almost no clean songs at all so I just want good distortion
don't want to sound pedantic... but it's best if you stick to one thread. you run the risk of getting them closed, apart from anything.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?