Are you asking for us to suggest you a jazz guitarist with jazz songs to learn? Or are you asking us for a shredder?

Or a shredder who plays Jazz style?

Shredder who plays Jazz/Fusion style:

Eric Johnson
Your inquiry is a tad confusing, but maybe the Screaming Headless Torsos will appeal to you for jazz-fusion

Quote by Sonny_sam
Guthrie Govan, if you can pull it off.

+1
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Last edited by roythereaper at Feb 13, 2009,
Guthrie Govan, if you can pull it off.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Eric Johnson plays a variety of jazz-fusion rock, etc. Give him a try, if you think you're up to it. I'm sure you could.
Quote by continental
That's who I was gonna say.

That was also who I was gonna say.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
buckethead perhaps?
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
Mmm, so many good ones.

Maybe Manhattan if you're up to it. I love that song, it's a beauty.

East Wes is pretty jazzy - it's his tribute to Wes Montgomery if I am not mistaken.

Check out some songs of his on YouTube or something. I would recommend Manhattan if you can nail it.
Look for him performing Manhattan during G3... it should be the first video or so - think it's from 1996 or something. Really good.
Quote by LightningboltX
Ok I´m hearing it but I´m looking for something more shred oriented

Oh, I see... well, I guess there are other EJ songs.

You'll just have to look around. I dunno if Zap is really jazzy, but damn, it's awesome.

EDIT: If you want to shred... uh, why not just do shred? Do you gotta mix it up or something?

In any case, Desert Rose is pretty bad ass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CHAN2a9F-8

Lots of improv in this version, the CD version isn't this intense, but still, worth looking at.
Last edited by XxGibsonSGxX at Feb 13, 2009,
Quote by LightningboltX
Ok I´m hearing it but I´m looking for something more shred oriented

You aren't going to find shred with Jazz. You can find songs that are Jazzy with some fast licks, and so then you need to just start looking into Eric Johnson more if you're still interested in him.

Zap
Trademark
Manhattan
East Wes
Western Flyer

Just go with East Wes.

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf_Zz8BwClE

If you're still looking for more shred into a jazz song, then maybe you shouldn't be looking for a jazz song with shred, but a shred song with jazz influences?
dunno if hes jazz but Bo Diddley?
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
Allan Holdsworth, if you can handle it.
Gear:
Modded Steinberger Spirit (white) (SD-AH/EMG Select)
Modded Steinberger GP-2R (white) (EMG81/60)
Peavey XXL head
Hughes and Kettner Cream Machine
Hughes and Kettner Blues Master