Madzää
Failing at n00b language
1,550 IQ
So, this is a new song from me. It´s titled "Slow Dance in a burning Building", because I personally think the title fits the mood very well. It features the classic 12 bar blues scheme in B, as well as a Modal Interchange to B Dorian in the Chorus. The Verse/Solo bit is meant to be a 2/2 scheme, which means that the singer sings 2 bars, and then the guitar solos over 2 bars. I´m willing to do C4C, but as always, please leave me a link to your song in the thread, and please write a decent crit and not just "Whoa, sucks."

I recomment to keep the RSE off while listening to the song, but for the RSE-fanatics, I made an RSE mix.

Have a nice listen!
Attachments:
Slow Dance in a burning building.zip
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Banned for being the coolest April 08'er on UG.

please check out my own album:
almilano.bandcamp.com
Last edited by Madzää at Feb 13, 2009,
BobChicken
UG's In House Doctor
1,022 IQ
similar title to John Mayer there =]
I love my keyboardist, he's hot.

Quote by phlip999
The Pit is the epitome of higher learning and full of intillectual people who help the masses solve their problems.

The Llama Forum Bagel Group
ctb
1,449 IQ
Lovely.
Now, I don't know a lot about scales/modes but I'm jealous of people who can write Jazz/Blues.

I don't have RSE, and the bass won't be clear because of laptop speakers.
I am not very keen on the 5h6p5h6p5h6 part. That's the only part of the song I have a problem with. It's a nice, chilled song and those hammer-ons took the mood away from me, a bit.
Last edited by ctb at Feb 13, 2009,
Its_Rock77
Anthony Green Fanboy <3
1,501 IQ
title doesn't seem to flow off the tongue very well.

How about something like "Slow Dancing In a Burning Room"

oh wait...
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Marskell
UG's Soundwave
1,869 IQ
Dude this is really right work!

i love the way you used the bass to accuentuate the beat. the chords from the guitar were quite awesome! im not a blues/jazz reg but i have heard some and this song i really liked!

the drums felt a little to repetitive so maby if you can add some more fills

over all great work!!!
"We carry death out of the village!"
Zeroxk
364 IQ
I don't think I've ever heard this style before, but liked it, very relaxing and laid-back, but a bit repetive, though vocals would fix that up
thechad90000
Addicted to the Shindig
65 IQ
I like the jazz aspect of the song but I thought the slides throughout the song were a bit repetitive and honestly a little annoying. Maybe it was just the GP simulated jazz guitar but I really had a hard time enjoying those slides. I liked the progression though. It was really smooth and an easy listen for sure. So I like the style and I like the progression of the song but I think the slides should be cut down a little and it is pretty repetitive.

C4C? Some kind of Peace