Dunno if this should have gone in the basic section but as its not really "Basics" i put it in here.

I'm pretty good at rhythm guitar but not as lead.
I've been idolizing John Frusciante for a while now but i have no idea where to start with solo'ing/lead.
Like i know i'd have to learn scales and stuff but has anyone got any sites that will take me through each step?

Thanks,
P.S i stopped lessons a while ago so i cant ask a teacher.
learn your scales - theory is a must for any kind of lead playing.

there are plent of lessons here on UG, and a quick google can uncover many more.

also, learn all of john's solos.
analyze them.
what scales do they use, what kind of pattern, how do they fit into the song etc etc.
this will take a while but its worth it if you want to really get his kind of style.

look at his influences - jimi hendrix is a clear one, other websites (wikipedia?) can offer more.
do the same thing with those players.
Quote by ginjaninja
learn your scales - theory is a must for any kind of lead playing.

there are plent of lessons here on UG, and a quick google can uncover many more.

also, learn all of john's solos.
analyze them.
what scales do they use, what kind of pattern, how do they fit into the song etc etc.
this will take a while but its worth it if you want to really get his kind of style.

look at his influences - jimi hendrix is a clear one, other websites (wikipedia?) can offer more.
do the same thing with those players.

So its really just scales i'll need to learn?
justinguitar.com

follow his lessons
great teacher
Taylor 314CE
Modulus G2T and G3CT
3 Warmoth Guitars
2 Fender MIA Strats--SRV & JM
Alvarez w/ Modulus Neck and EMG DG-20s
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50 w/ 1960a cab
Breedlove AC250/SM12
Gold Tone Weissenborn
Adrenalinn III & FCB1010
ALOT of pedals
Quote by AXmichigan
justinguitar.com

follow his lessons
great teacher

Thanks, I'll use it tonight
If you know the scales you should make a backing track and use a scale to improvise, ofcourse. If you do that a lot and also learn his solos a lot you'll improve a lot
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73