Page 1 of 2
corrects me if am wrong but i thing quality of guitars goes in the order with 1 being the highest
1.USA
2.Japan
My Gear

Guitars: Jackson DK2t ,
Amp: peavey valvking royal 8 - 5 watt combo
Effects: Zoom g2.1u , Line 6 pod xt
USA
Japan
Canada
Mexico
Korea
Indonesia
India
China
Gibson 1972 SG Pro T-Top Bridge, P90 Neck
Dean DBD T ML
Jackson JS30RR EMGs 85-81
Epiphone G-400 Goth
76 Mann Les Paul Custom
Fender f-230 Accoustic
Randall RG-180 DX
Line6 Spider III HD75 Head - Behringer 412
Saving for a Marshall JCM 800.
waiting for a
My Gear

Quote by Rtard_GWARRIOR
USA
Japan
Canada
Mexico
Korea
Indonesia
India
China

Where does France go with Vigier?
UK with Blackmachine?
Don't forget about Poland (Mayones, Ran), Netherlands (Bo~el) and the UK (Blackmachine).
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
in terms of my favourite brands

japan
britain
USA
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Canada doesnt really turn out great guitars. Take Sparrow for instance... Good guitars. Not as good Quality wise as Japan, And as for france and Britan I've never played a guitar from either place, Or have seen one out here. So sorry for that
Dean DBD T ML
Epiphone G-400 Goth
76 Mann Les Paul Custom
Fender f-230 Accoustic
Randall RG-180 DX
Last edited by Rtard_GWARRIOR at Feb 13, 2009,
Wouldn't brands be more apt? I'd say Japan, because they're far more advanced than most with technology in general.

As far as brands go, i'd have to say PRS.
i think that you are mixing up brand names with small custom companies.

there are some brilliant companies which can exist in the same country as a squier factory.

or something
If we included Ormsby, Australia too.
404: Sig not found.
Quote by Rtard_GWARRIOR
Canada doesnt really turn out great guitars. Take Sparrow for instance... Good guitars. Not as good Quality wise as Japan, And as for france and Britan I've never played a guitar from either place, Or have seen one out here. So sorry for that

imo its
Japan/USA i think people think usa guitars are better than japan becuase of the price but i think they can put there price up an extra 600£ because of there image cus when you think usa guitars you think unbeatalbe qaulity
My Gear

this thread fails because you can't judge the quality of a guitar by the country it was made - for example, the gretsch electromatics are made in china, and they are usually of a standard associated with high end guitars, just with mid-range price tags due to being built in china.

likewise, USA made gibsons... well, there are some appauling gibsons out there.

You can only judge the quality of a guitar based on that specific instrument, and the reason chinese or indonesian guitars tend to be shoddy is because the far-eastern factories are generally employed to manufacture the cheap models, due to the lower wages for employees in those countries - profit margins, etc. whereas the factory within the country of origin for that brand is reserved for the high end models. it's nothing to do with "america is better at making guitars than indonesia".
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
this thread fails because you can't judge the quality of a guitar by the country it was made - for example, the gretsch electromatics are made in china, and they are usually of a standard associated with high end guitars, just with mid-range price tags due to being built in china.

likewise, USA made gibsons... well, there are some appauling gibsons out there.

You can only judge the quality of a guitar based on that specific instrument, and the reason chinese or indonesian guitars tend to be shoddy is because the far-eastern factories are generally employed to manufacture the cheap models, due to the lower wages for employees in those countries - profit margins, etc. whereas the factory within the country of origin for that brand is reserved for the high end models. it's nothing to do with "america is better at making guitars than indonesia".

i just seen your sig and what guitars you play yout being kinda biast arent you
My Gear

1)USA (along with UK France Japan sort of countries producing high end guitars)
2)Japan (Companies the have a plants in the US normaly will have a plant in /japan that produces guitars of great quality but not equal in quality parts wise)
3)Mexico
4)Korea (and other countries that are pretty much on par with mexico)
5)China (avoid most that comes out of china and similar its normaly medicore build quality and terrible parts)
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Quote by Swap-Meet
Sparrows are amazing.

I've only played one sparrow and it wasnt impressive, I was down at their place in Vancouver looking around at how they made everything, It was awesome to watch them come together but the feel of a fresh rosewood fretboard isnt nice
Dean DBD T ML
Epiphone G-400 Goth
76 Mann Les Paul Custom
Fender f-230 Accoustic
Randall RG-180 DX
1. Esp
2. LTD by Esp
3. Schecter
4. Ibanez
5. B.C. Rich
6. Gibson
7. Dean
8. Jackson
9. laguna(acoustics)
10. crate(best amps on the earth)
-900,000,000,000,000. Fender(sucks big dick)
^^We're talking about factories, not brands.
And don't be biased against Fender.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Hahaha I'd bet there are more custom builders of the very highest quality in UK than in any other country, regardless of population. So whose are best?
Insufficient data.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by Dhmking
i just seen your sig and what guitars you play yout being kinda biast arent you

if you think there was any bias in that post whatsoever you completely missed my point.

Quote by 2red4roses
1. Esp
2. LTD by Esp
3. Schecter
4. Ibanez
5. B.C. Rich
6. Gibson
7. Dean
8. Jackson
9. laguna(acoustics)

I just love how you put fender at -900,000,000,000,000 in the list. that essentially means you're saying they are so awesome they are off the scale, yet they suck big dick.. (i'm not gonna say anything there ) and the fact you have jackson in at number 8 after your half-witted attack on fender shows how uneducated that post was. try again when you get a clue plz (this is not a flame, i'm not annoyed, i think it's funny).
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

Last edited by Blompcube at Feb 13, 2009,
Quote by 2red4roses
1. Esp
2. LTD by Esp
3. Schecter
4. Ibanez
5. B.C. Rich
6. Gibson
7. Dean
8. Jackson
9. laguna(acoustics)

For one there's no way you read the first post because your contribution is not what hes asking about.
Also that list is completely opion and imo terribly wrong. How will Dean every beat jackson quality wise if more then 95% of there models are made with cheap parts in china. Fender puts out amazing guitars they just might not fit your style. And for no reason does fender suck big dick. aAlso crate has really droped in quality recently and i would hardly consider them the best amps in the world. Also acoustic wise tTaylor and Martin easily will be higher quality then laguna, hence the reason there priced higher. Also where's PRS if you want to make a list of high quality stuff PRS has to be there.
edit:
Quote by Blompcube
and the fact you have jackson in at number 8 after your half-witted attack on fender shows how uneducated that post was. try again when you get a clue plz (this is not a flame, i'm not annoyed, i think it's funny).

Also this somes up the thoughts I didn't include.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Last edited by gstacey1 at Feb 13, 2009,
I could design an utter ****e guitar and get it made in the USA or Japan. Likewise, you could probably find a Chinese manufacturer who could turn out a good guitar. Good materials and quality control make a good guitar. It's not like Chinese people are inferior machinists, they just generally create a basic product at the lowest possible cost. If you gave them the time and materials to make high quality gear, they probably would.

Example: Made in China is a byword for utter rubbish these days. In the 1950s, so was Made In Japan. Japanese gear was held in utter contempt. After a few decades of improved manufacturing and general improvement... MIJ guitars are sought after, Honda and Toyota top reliability surveys, your home entertainment system is all Japanese, as are most high quality workshop tools.

It usually takes about 7 years to totally change the image of a brand. That's from the first moment of 'hey, this isn't so bad really' to becoming recognised as a quality brand. Look at Skoda, who somewhat recently became a respected car manufacturer. Although the quality began drastically improving in the 1990s, the reputation as a dodgy 'eastern bloc' car stuck around for a long time. In my opinion, MIC is going this way.

tl;dr: what you think about brands might not necessarily be true
Quote by VanTheKraut
There are great and ****ty brands in most countries... USA has Fender but they also have a ****ty brand, Ibanez (Note, previous statement= my opinion)

ibanez are japanese, btw.

Quote by VanTheKraut
There are great and ****ty brands in most countries... USA has Fender but they also have a ****ty brand, Ibanez (Note, previous statement= my opinion)

i lol'd
1. Lithuania
2. Botswana
3. Mongolia
4. Saudi Arabia
5. Tahiti
6. Uruguay
7. Grenada
8. Sudan
9. Morocco
10. Nicaragua

Lithuania FTW!!
i largely dislike the guitars that come out of the USA...
they're all far overpriced for what they're worth...

i have a liking of Japanese guitars, but that is only from what i've played...
i'm sure there are bad Japanese guitars, but i've not come across any yet...

i also have an Indian made Jackson which is actually quite nice...

however, being biased towards or against a particular country is just stupid...
it's what the company and the luthiers do to produce the guitars...
Quote by 2red4roses
1. Esp
2. LTD by Esp
3. Schecter
4. Ibanez
5. B.C. Rich
6. Gibson
7. Dean
8. Jackson
9. laguna(acoustics)

I **** my pants
Did you just honestly put Ibanez, B.C. Rich, and Dean in front of Jackson? As well as Ibanez and B.C. Rich in front of Gibson? And ESP at the top? And LTD at #2?
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

if prs was a coutnry...
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by Horlicks
Where does France go with Vigier?
UK with Blackmachine?

+1

apart from anything, you can't make blanket statements. a lot of people will say that USA > Japan, but does that mean that a Highway 1 Fender or Gibson Faded Special is a better guitar than a Navigator, for example?

But then put that Navigator up against a Tyler, for example, and that's a fairer fight. Etc. etc.

it depends on the guitar model, basically.

Quote by gstacey1
1)USA (along with UK France Japan sort of countries producing high end guitars)
2)Japan (Companies the have a plants in the US normaly will have a plant in /japan that produces guitars of great quality but not equal in quality parts wise)

that's a very good point- if it's a Japanese company, there's a good chance that its high-end guitars will be made in Japan. But if it's an American company, often it makes instruments of a slightly lower quality in Japan (e.g. Jackson). But that's obviously not because the Japanese (or any country, for that matter) can't make as good guitars as the American-made ones, it's because they're being told not to.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Feb 13, 2009,
Quote by Dave_Mc
+1

apart from anything, you can't make blanket statements. a lot of people will say that USA > Japan, but does that mean that a Highway 1 Fender or Gibson Faded Special is a better guitar than a Navigator, for example?

But then put that Navigator up against a Tyler, for example, and that's a fairer fight. Etc. etc.

it depends on the guitar model, basically.

not just the model imo - in some cases it goes as far as the individual guitar.

Page 1 of 2