I just recently purchased an old Laney tube head. I also have a Line 6 Spider III HD 150 head. Is there any way of putting the two togther??? Like I'll have the tube sound and volume of the Laney but with the effects of the spider???
I guess you could go from one into the other and then into a cab. I don't think it would be effective or even safe, but I guess you could.
What are the power ratings?
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Well a clever thing to do would be to sell the Spider and either save or invest that money in effects or multi-effects pedal!
If they both have effects loops then you can go preamp to poweramp. Essentially turning the amps into a spider valve.

Or you can run them both at the same time (stereo) and just use the spider as a wet signal.
This is how I would do it.

1. Run your guitar into the Spiders input
2. connect the Spiders effect loop send into the Laney's input.

A 3rd option I might explore, instead of number 2, would be to connect the Spiders effect loop send to the Laney's effect loop return.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
ok so since no one's actually tried to answer his question, I will.

You would need an A/B box to connect both to. There may be other ways of doing it, but this is a bit easier and requires a bit less work.

With an A/B box you could switch between amp 1, amp 2, or both at the same time.
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by bjovi400

You would need an A/B box to connect both to. There may be other ways of doing it, but this is a bit easier and requires a bit less work.

With an A/B box you could switch between amp 1, amp 2, or both at the same time.

You didn't even answer his question!

He wants the EFFECTS of the Spider with the actual sound of the valve amp...
Quote by bjovi400

A/B would NOT work if its just one cab for both heads, you need something like the Radiel Headbone. able to use two heads per one cab.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
That'd be like eating caviar with a hotdog.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Sell your Spider and buy a multi-effects pedal instead.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
IbanezPsycho is right, basically what I want to do is combine the two so I get sort of like a spider valve. I'm broke so buying new amps or effects pedals are not an option.

Ok the tube amp is a Laney Model A50 Series II. There is an Effects Loop Send and Return on the backside of it aswell as a Line Out.

On the back of the Spider there are the two speaker outs and on the front there is a POD-Style Out.

Now is someone could direct me on how to connect these two that'd be awesome!! I'm in the woods when it comes to this stuff.

It is much appreciated!
Hmm... buy a POD.

If the Spider doesn't have an Effects Loop Send, this plan won't work without modding the amp.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by Bertallica
TA 3rd option I might explore, instead of number 2, would be to connect the Spiders effect loop send to the Laney's effect loop return.

interesting idea
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by STABxYOU
Hmm... buy a POD.

If the Spider doesn't have an Effects Loop Send, this plan won't work without modding the amp.

Ahh really!?? It would be sweet if I could get this to work but if not and I saved up the cash and got a Line 6 pedal that I was running through this tube amp would I be able to expect some decent tones?? I guess givin this old Laney tube amp I'm trying to get the best distortion out of it that is pheasable is my situation. As far as tone I'm absolutely in love with KSE's guitar tone, anything even close to that I'd be thrilled.