Page 1 of 4
Today, the man who killed my brother was sentenced for his manslaughter, and also for another GBH assault he did a few weeks before.

He is scum of the earth. Typical prick. Hit my brother for no reason, which caused his death. Hit many other people that same night, and boasted about it. Has a bad police record, etc etc. Basically a ****.

He got sentenced 7 years. Now, for some f-cked up reason, here, you only serve half of your sentence. So, he was given 3 and a half years. And he's already done 9 months of his sentence whilst waiting for the trial, so from now, he only has to do 2 years 9 months until he's released. Then if he's ever violent again after his release, he gets thrown back in prison for a long time.

How f-cking stupid is this system?! Why serve someone a bloody sentence if all they ever need to serve is half of it?! For KILLING an INNOCENT man with his whole life ahead of him, for BEATING another INNOCENT man mercilessly whilst he was unconcious, he gets 2 years 9 months?!

Basically, for him to get a proper sentence, he'll have to cause harm to another person.

I'm just stunned how awful this is. Agree? Any similar stories?
Questions of science,
Science and progress,
Do not speak as loud as my heart.

Yeah your system is terrible. You can get up to 10 years for taking a pic of a policeofficer. I mean, if I murder the policeofficer I'll probably get less time.

Was the part about your brother real? If so I'm very sorry to hear that
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I'm sure you can try and do something about it.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
England is progressively failing at everything. Starting with the justice system.

Edit0009: Sorry for your loss.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Didn't you know that the British government is run by anarchists and nihilists. They want to destroy the country, then the whole world.

..i mean...is there any other way to explain that? ._.
I'm not cool.
I'm sorry to hear that your brother was killed.
I live in the US, so I don't know about the UK's legal system, though.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Watch Dexter.

What I'm really saying with that is, kill the man when he leaves prison.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
are you sure that he isn't just eligible for parole after 3 and a half years?

and his intention wasn't to kill or seriously harm anyone, otherwise he'd be gone for life (min of 12 years, usually, before eligible for parole)
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
What the ****. The stupid faggots.
THIS IS A REALLY BIG DEAL.
Our prisons are overcrowded. If they weren't, he would serve a much longer sentence no question. We need prison reform from top to bottom.
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Quote by Lemoninfluence

and his intention wasn't to kill or seriously harm anyone, otherwise he'd be gone for life (min of 12 years, usually, before eligible for parole)

^This is probably the case.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss, that mofo's lucky he isn't in Texas.
I know what you mean man, 8 years for the twat who was drunk driving and killed my mum's cousin and his son.
Quote by freedoms_stain
That's appalling, you'd get more for selling drugs.

thats what pisses me off about our legal system, paedophiles (sp) rapists and murderers get barely anything when they should be off the streets for life.
Mate of mine (I live in Essex) got 3 years for breaking a restraining order.

Another mate was stabbed to death intentionally and the other guy got 8 years (will serve 4 with good behaviour).

Our country is a joke basically. You'd get more time for ripping off the tax man than you would for bumming a child.
it's the same in ireland you can get away with this rubbish i knew someone who got killed in a car accident and the driver that caused the accident got a 2year suspended sentence and did not have to anytime behind bars
Quote by Lemoninfluence

The judge said he's going to let him out after 3 and a half years of his sentence, and because he's done 9 months already, that's 2 years 9 months. Then, if he makes another wrong step, he'll be put straight back in prison for 10 years (or life etc).

Yeah his intention wasn't to kill my brother, but he's also a trained boxer, and he threatened my brother, in which my brother responded "no, no, no". So considering he's a boxer, any blow to my brother's face would obviously have caused a lot of damage.
Questions of science,
Science and progress,

Quote by Supertait
Our prisons are overcrowded. If they weren't, he would serve a much longer sentence no question. We need prison reform from top to bottom.

We need entire SOCIAL reform from top to bottom. Society in this country is at the lowest it's been for centuries. Noone cares. I blame bad parenting.
Quote by Ikonoklast
We need entire SOCIAL reform from top to bottom. Society in this country is at the lowest it's been for centuries. Noone cares. I blame bad parenting.

Agreed.
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Thats just crazy!
Aliadiere - sadly has more syllables than goals this season."
Setanta commentator during Newcastle-Middlesbrough. .
Quote by stephen_rettie
thats what pisses me off about our legal system, paedophiles (sp) rapists and murderers get barely anything when they should be off the streets for life.

this case has nothing to do with any of those examples.

murder is a mandatory life sentence.

paedophiles themselves aren't criminals unless they're caught looking at images of nude children and/or actually rape a child.

rapists are notoriously difficult to convict. it's usually just one persons word against another. and if you're willing to accept a conviction based upon that you're risking convicting innocent people.

I'm pretty sure you'd be one of the first to moan about jailed innocents.

it's all well and good saying x should happen, but it has to be reasonably practical and enforceable.

Quote by .iplayaguitar.
The judge said he's going to let him out after 3 and a half years of his sentence, and because he's done 9 months already, that's 2 years 9 months. Then, if he makes another wrong step, he'll be put straight back in prison for 10 years (or life etc).

it's not up to him as far as I'm aware.

all the judge can do is set the sentence and state when he's eligible for parole. he'll have to prove that he's ready to be released into society early.

Yeah his intention wasn't to kill my brother, but he's also a trained boxer, and he threatened my brother, in which my brother responded "no, no, no". So considering he's a boxer, any blow to my brother's face would obviously have caused a lot of damage.

that's not enough for a murder charge.

you need to intend to kill or cause grievous bodily harm.

nothing else will suffice. punching someone is not usually enough for GBH.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Last edited by Lemoninfluence at Feb 13, 2009,
Quote by Supertait
Agreed.

It's easily doable as well. There needs to exist the togetherness of community and morals and values. I was always taught if someone hits you you hit them back twice as hard. At the same time i was taught you don't go looking for trouble, and if someone does start with you, you deal with them and then walk away. My girlfriend's brother got beaten up by 6 blokes, and they started jumping on his head while he was on the floor. At the very least there should be some 'street-fight etiquette'.
they always use the same excuse for not building new prisons like would you like to pay extra tax.
Quote by britishsligean
they always use the same excuse for not building new prisons like would you like to pay extra tax.

it's also the fact that nobody wants a prison built near them.

I'm pretty sure that people around your area would oppose a new prison being built near you

Quote by element4433
It's just the way things work these days, sadly Realistically, the only way you'll get any sense of real justice is if you go out and kill the motherfucker right back. If someone killed a member of my family I would not hesitate to stamp the blood and mush out of their face.
Quote by MaxLees666
It's just the way things work these days, sadly Realistically, the only way you'll get any sense of real justice is if you go out and kill the motherfucker right back. If someone killed a member of my family I would not hesitate to stamp the blood and mush out of their face.

and you'd be worse than them in this case.

Quote by element4433
Quote by Lemoninfluence
and you'd be worse than them in this case.

I disagree.
Quote by britishsligean

Yes but our government squander so much money on bad-budgeting (and a lot of the time, downright theft) that they could actually build new prisons. In an ideal world though that's just dealing with the problem. For there to be real change you have to look at solving the core of the problem - kids having kids, parents who don't really care about their children's wellbeing, thugs and scrotes with no morals or sense of family values. But, disregarding mental issues, you have to blame the parents. I'm council estate born and bred, but i've always known there is a line you don't cross, and going to prison is not acceptable.
I can't comment on the case until I had more information but I will say that I'm sorry for the loss of your brother's human life.
Quote by Kensai
I disagree.

one's an accident to some extent, the other set out to kill.

Quote by element4433
Quote by Lemoninfluence
it's also the fact that nobody wants a prison built near them.

I'm pretty sure that people around your area would oppose a new prison being built near you

it would probably be in the middle of a field in the middle of nowhere so it would be well hidden
that's not enough for a murder charge.

you need to intend to kill or cause grievous bodily harm.

nothing else will suffice. punching someone is not usually enough for GBH.

I know it's not enough for a murder charge, it's a manslaughter charge. But I think 2 years and 9 months, for killing an innocent man, and beating up another innocent man (so badly he has to get facial reconstruction), is not enough.
Questions of science,
Science and progress,

Quote by Lemoninfluence

He seems like a very malevolent character, I wouldn't be surprised if he did set out to hurt people beyond normal means.
Quote by britishsligean
it would probably be in the middle of a field in the middle of nowhere so it would be well hidden

who lives in the countryside?

farmers and wealthy city types.

you think they're going to want their nearest neighbour to be a prison full of criminals?

Quote by element4433
Quote by Lemoninfluence

Yes but at what point do you stop calling it an accident?

'I only wanted to maim and injure him, not kill him' - unfortunately one often leads to another, and unless they're retarded they know full well what they're doing is wrong, therefore it's not an accident, it's intent to harm and death is just the conclusion in some sad cases.
if that guy hadn't paid his TV license though.. holy sh*t he'd be locked up for life. thats how bad our system is =/
Kill him. By your logic you only do 2 years or so. Should be worth it.

-edit

you could probably get off on insanity.

You killed the man because you were so depressed of the murder of your brother. Go to a psychiatrist now to establish depression or whatever
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Last edited by yellowshirtguy at Feb 13, 2009,
Quote by Lemoninfluence
who lives in the countryside?

farmers and wealthy city types.

you think they're going to want their nearest neighbour to be a prison full of criminals?

you have a point there but the land isn't that good to be able to be built on so one wouldn't be built
Page 1 of 4