Page 1 of 2
I was interested if any of you can tell me about some guitars that aren't too well known. I was not looking for crazy, off-the-wall guitars, but guitars that don't receive a lot of attention. I live in the US and I have seen some nice guitars in the UK.
michael kelly doesnt recieve a lot, and they're really awesome guitars.
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Mosrites.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
There are loads of good quality, lesser known brands who don't have a name to sell so they can sell good guitars at honest prices. Michael Kelly as gnaraaron mentioned are pretty good, but there's brands like Hamer, Fret King, Vintage and Indie (Just a few i know of) who are pretty good, also there's a bunch of retro styled brands like Italia, Eko and Danelectro which are actually very nice guitars if you look past the cheesey old-fashioned "futuristic" appearances.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Sparrow, Mann. Raven, Vantage. Uhm. Not sure if the last 3 are still around. Mann and Raven Were Japanese built guitars from the Fujigen factory where Ibanez's are made,
Gibson 1972 SG Pro T-Top Bridge, P90 Neck
Dean DBD T ML
Jackson JS30RR EMGs 85-81
Epiphone G-400 Goth
76 Mann Les Paul Custom
Fender f-230 Accoustic
Randall RG-180 DX
Line6 Spider III HD75 Head - Behringer 412
Saving for a Marshall JCM 800.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Samick, especially Greg Bennett. I've always found them to be fairly well made.

My first guitar was a Samick strat copy, and although it was OK for the price, I wouldn't really reccomend it for any reason other than price
Ormsby

LOL

no but really.

Hamer
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Quote by lespaul#1
Mosrites.

+1. Not to mention they have the thinnest neck possible (even thinner than an Ibanez...)
Duesenberg.

Definitely not going to be getting any break on high prices due to a lesser known name with them though.
Gear:
Fender Deluxe Player's Strat
Fender American Deluxe Telecaster
Gibson Special Faded SG
Tokai LS-80QZ
Tokai Talbo A-130SH
Duesenberg Starplayer TV Outlaw
Takamine EG530SSC
Peavey Classic 50 410
Wayne Guitars (wayne charvel and his son)
Hagstrom
Heritage
revernd
I have owned atleast one of each of these guitars with the exception of the wayne .
the appeal of the wayne guitars is the fact they are suppose to be built like the orginal charvels .
Johnson Guitars. I have one, and I love it. It's basically a lot like an Ibanez.
why not just build one yourself? get a body blank, put your own design on it, put in pickups that YOU want, not that just come on it, pick the bridge. just customize it top to bottom.
Here's a couple of brands of lesser fame, but they all make some certain excellent guitars.

G & L
MusicMan
Hamer
Hagstrom
Parker
Kramer
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Though picking up in popularity with most rock, try Aerolines (Airline might bring it up, but I am pretty sure its' aeroline). They are guitars pretty much made famous by Jack White, never have been very popular.
Bunker, PBC, Treker, these are pretty unusual American guitars due to the neck design alone
Takes a Knockin' and Keeps on Rockin" DOA #08-01502
Another vote for Reverend guitars.

I just bought their Buckshot model and it's supposed to be delivered on Tuesday. Great look to their instruments - classic themes with their own twist for a unique retro vibe.
Parker Guitars are really quite incredible. If you do look into one, look into a Fly, or the NiteFly, Just because of the neck design. It is coated in a very thin fiberglass layer to keep it from shrinking and expanding, and it does all that with a coat thinner than a layer of paint.
98% of people have read that stupid 98% teens and alcohol sig, put this in your sig if you like getting hammered.

Thats it.
Swing.

They're a Korean brand and made in Korea. Absolutely wicked for the price. Korean made guitars are always competitive with Japanese made in the same price bracket. Sometimes better, sometimes worse. They just get a bad rep because companies only usually make their lower end guitars in Korea.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Maverick - I have an F1 and I would love it if it didn't have a floyd rose on it
Carvin

Indie

Hagstrom

Tokai
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
Parker

Adam Black Guitars
Bazza

Epiphone Les Paul Special ll w/ an SD Dimebucker and a Dean Zebra neck pup
Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!
Blackmachine
Suhr
Vigier
KxK
Bernie Rico JR

Mind you,all of these are expensive professional instruments

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

If you're looking for high-end: Vigier, Caparison and Blackmachine.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
I looked at Eastwood once. Any comments?
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Carvin, Daewon 'Rally' series etc.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

agile?
-Gear-
Line 6 Flextone III Plus
Behringer FCB1010 Emulating a FBV Longboard
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
Campbell Guitars!

Campbell American guitars. ****in right.
http://campbellamerican.com/

just got my hands on one of their Precix models and it's just a thing of beauty. the best part is that these guitars feel perfect. as soon as you pick one up, you won't want to stop playing. if you can find a dealer near by, just play it you buy it or until they kick you out of the store.
Vintage, Danelectro, Hamer, Tokai.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
Agile guitars. While gaining descent fame online, chances are if you go and ask 100 random people around your town none of them will have heard of em.
Parker! I have the P-44 and love it to death.
Amp: B-52 AT100 212
Guitar: Parker P-44
Effects: Korg Tuner
Page 1 of 2