Hey everyone,

While I was just playing my Deliverance 60 the volume dropped by about half of what it was, and then after about a minute came back up.

I turned it around to look at the tubes, and it looked to me that one of the KT88s was dimmer than the other... Coincidence? I hope not...

It also seemed to be lacking something in tone (in the gain department), but it could just be me hearing things. Wouldn't lack of gain usually stem from a pre-amp tube problem? Or can a power tube cause this too? Mind you, we're talking high gain here.

Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch.
Member Of Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
when were the tubes last changed?

I would suggest replacing the power amp tubes first, if that doesn't fix it then replacing the preamp tubes probably would.
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
Quote by funkymonkz
when were the tubes last changed?

I would suggest replacing the power amp tubes first, if that doesn't fix it then replacing the preamp tubes probably would.

I don't think the tubes have ever been changed, but the amp isn't very old. I got it about 6 months ago, and haven't played it that hard...
Quote by Blackballed
I don't think the tubes have ever been changed, but the amp isn't very old. I got it about 6 months ago, and haven't played it that hard...

Considering it is a fairly new amp the preamp tubes should be fine, but stranger things have happened.

Power amp tubes are usually the first to go, and are more likely to break, I would change them first.
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
Quote by funkymonkz
Considering it is a fairly new amp the preamp tubes should be fine, but stranger things have happened.

Power amp tubes are usually the first to go, and are more likely to break, I would change them first.

Ok that's more or less what I figured... Do you think that the possible gain loss can be from the power tubes too though?
Quote by Blackballed
Ok that's more or less what I figured... Do you think that the possible gain loss can be from the power tubes too though?

I think it's a possibility, although gain loss is more commonly related to a preamp tube problem, power amps are usually the heart of the amplifier and can really affect your tone in many ways, including gain loss and huge volume drops.
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer