I have to haul my half stack tonight to an event with my band. I have to go to a sports practice however first. The time I have between the end of that and the event is kinda short cause I will need to shower and eat and such. In order to save time I was thinking of loading my half stack now so that I don't have to later but that means it will be in my ice 30 degree car for 3 - 4 hours. Would this be ok or would it be safer to just wait to load it?

EDIT: Sorry should have mentioned it is solid state
Last edited by seab4zz at Feb 13, 2009,
is it a TUBE amp ??
are you gonna use it before you load it to your car (lets say use it for 30m)??

id say load it to your car when you are done if it is a tube amp it might damage the tubes when you leve it on such a cold temperature........
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
try and warm it up before hand, then maybe cover it in a blanket or something to keep the warmth for a bit.

30 degrees Fahrenheit is not all that cold and shouldn't cause problems to the amp.

I've had a Fender Hot rod deluxe in my car for 2 hours at -27 Celsius and it played fine afterwards.
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
since it's SS it should be fine, just try not to play it the instant you take it out of your car.

Try and let it warm up in the building for a while so that none of the components are frozen before you play it.
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile