I'm looking for as much advice from owners of either of these guitars....I have a budget of $900.00 for a new guitar.

I love LP's, I play mostly punk, rock and blues.

I love the Wylde because....well...It's awesome, and he's awesome....nuff said.

However, the EX has better/active EMG's, better tuners, faster neck (so I've heard)

I'm just seeing if anyone knows if one is more well-rounded than the other. And if you have any suggestions, please, by all means....I'm looking for a guitar I can gig with, and potentially use in the studio (not necessarily, but it would be nice)

Cheers
J
well for punk and blues, the emg's arent going to do anything for you.

id suggest maybe a schecter c1 classic or something of that kind. the SD's would be good for what you play.
**GEAR**

Epiphone G-400 Tony Iommi Left Handed
Custom Epiphone Les Paul 100 Left Handed w/ EMG 81/85
Johnson Acoustic Left Handed
Line 6 Spider Valve 112 w/ FBV Pedal
BOSS DS-1 and AC-3
id go prophecy. its got better stuff on it. unless you but his 4500 dollar signature series
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
For whatever reason, I was under the impresion that his Epi came with HIS EMG's...however, this is not the case, and the EX has the 81/85 combo, which seems nice...

I'm curious as to why the EMG's wouldn't do much for punk or blues?? Call me un-educated, but I would assume solid actives would be good, no?
Quote by ronin_dude21
I'm curious as to why the EMG's wouldn't do much for punk or blues?? Call me un-educated, but I would assume solid actives would be good, no?

well usually actives like emgs are made for playing mostly all metal. look who plays them... zakk wylde, kerry king, kirk hammet, lots of other metal guitarists.
**GEAR**

BOSS DS-1 and AC-3
Quote by ronin_dude21
For whatever reason, I was under the impresion that his Epi came with HIS EMG's...however, this is not the case, and the EX has the 81/85 combo, which seems nice...

Well you could still use EMG's but they don't reach their potential unless you're playing with higher gain. They're generally better for playing metal and stuff like that.
The Rig
Gibson Flying V
Blackstar HT-5 Stack
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
MXR GT-OD
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-3
True..very true...as long as they wont hinder any other styles, I'm okay with that kind of heavy, lol
For $900 you could get an LTD EC-1000. Assuming you're looking for EMG's.

But if you're settled on one of those two, I'd say Prophecy. But that may just be because I'm not into the big bullseye.
Strats & Seagulls
Quote by ronin_dude21
True..very true...as long as they wont hinder any other styles, I'm okay with that kind of heavy, lol

if you play alot of clean stuff, the emgs arent for you. just letting you know. my (and others) experience is that emgs dont do cleans.
**GEAR**

BOSS DS-1 and AC-3
Thanks, its good to know - I've played a lot of guitars, however I haven't owned a single mid-range, solid guitar, so I'm taking all the help I can get on this one before dropping mad cash on something I'm not gonna like in a few months, lol.
well if you are set on a prophecy, you can try out the GX model. same thing with gibson dirty fingers. but i cant say how they are, i have no experience with them.
**GEAR**

BOSS DS-1 and AC-3