I found a used CLX with a Tweed covering, which I haven't ever seen on a VHT. I'm under the impression that all the Pitbulls are good for metal. I listened to a couple of clips of the CLX100 online and it sounds like a metal beast. Is the amp with tweed an older model? If it is how old is it? anyone play on one? Is this some kind of off shoot of the Pitbull meant to do more classic rock? How much would this amp be worth on the used market, and I am not trying to sell one that I ripped off from somone
umm VHTs are pretty dry sounding and there are alot of love/hate things going on with VHT owners because of their dryness........... and is NOT a good amp for classic rock....

can you list all of the GENRES you play......... and MAX budget.........
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
umm VHTs are pretty dry sounding and there are alot of love/hate things going on with VHT owners because of their dryness........... and is NOT a good amp for classic rock....

can you list all of the GENRES you play......... and MAX budget.........

HAHA, no classic rock for me sorry to be confusing. I play metal, stuff like Gojira, God Forbid, Unearth, Atreyu, Slayer, Destroy the Runner, ....

Budget, used amp head, depending on head about $1600.00
Quote by Lucky7s
HAHA, no classic rock for me sorry to be confusing. I play metal, stuff like Gojira, God Forbid, Unearth, Atreyu, Slayer, Destroy the Runner, ....

Budget, used amp head, depending on head about $1600.00

soo MAX budget is $1600 and you play Modern Metal...
try the VHT first a lot of peoople hate them for their dryness but some dont.....
if you like the VHT then buy it if you dont look at some other amps like the Mesa/Boogie RoadKing used......
feel free to add me
Hey mate,
I hear that the new Unearth album was recorded on VHT Pitbulls and that sounds pretty damn brootal! So hopefully that'll give you a bit of idea of what its capable of .
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Quote by howey
Hey mate,
I hear that the new Unearth album was recorded on VHT Pitbulls and that sounds pretty damn brootal! So hopefully that'll give you a bit of idea of what its capable of .

SWEET! Thanks man

Yeah, the guy I was going to buy from played his after not playing it for awhile and now he doesn't know if he wants to sell I had went throught a bunch of amps the other night, Framus Cobra, Rivera Knucklehead, and a VHT Deliverance, Peavey 3120, 6505+ and the VHT was my favorite. The only amp I have yet to try is ENGL.
Quote by Lucky7s
SWEET! Thanks man

Yeah, the guy I was going to buy from played his after not playing it for awhile and now he doesn't know if he wants to sell I had went throught a bunch of amps the other night, Framus Cobra, Rivera Knucklehead, and a VHT Deliverance, Peavey 3120, 6505+ and the VHT was my favorite. The only amp I have yet to try is ENGL.

if you like the VHT the buy it.......
and try out the ENGL Invader / SE 100, i have never played a single VHT but i think both of these ENGLs can beat the crap out of the VHT in terms of versatility and hi gain........
feel free to add me
Could someone explain what "dry" means?? I listened to a few Fryette models like the; Deliverance and Six X and thought they sounded great for rock. Maybe I just am a sucker for them, but I guess I like this "dry" sound. So if possible could someone enlighten me?
Thanks!
Origonally Posted by Lauke_101
And you're right

Gibson>Moog>KJL>Homebrew 2x12

Saving 4 any one of these:
Soldano Hot Rod
Splawn (anything)
Laney GH50L
Cornford Roadhouse
Marshall JCM2000
KJL 4x12 to match KJL head
They're very, very clear amps. Everything you play comes through very precisely. This means that all of your mistakes won't be covered up by the amp.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by howey
Hey mate,

Ken Susi has always used VHT Pitbulls. Buz McGrath uses a combination of VHT Deliverances (I believe - I'm not 100% sure though) and Peavey 5150s.
Quote by theoreticmusic
They're very, very clear amps. Everything you play comes through very precisely. This means that all of your mistakes won't be covered up by the amp.

Thanks for the info! It makes sense now, they do articulate notes very well and are crisp.
Origonally Posted by Lauke_101
And you're right

Gibson>Moog>KJL>Homebrew 2x12

Saving 4 any one of these:
Soldano Hot Rod
Splawn (anything)
Laney GH50L
Cornford Roadhouse
Marshall JCM2000
KJL 4x12 to match KJL head
The VHT deliverance is pretty solid in my opinion.

August Burns Red was using them on their most recent tour, and they sound BEASTLY live.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
VHT have a very distinctive "german" voicing to them. concise, brutal, and dry. Think of Diezels and ENGLS like this as well. VHTs have alot of force to them and are very heavy sounding amps. If you can get one for a good price, I'd hop on it.
Unearth used VHT Deilverance's on In The Eyes Of Fire, mixed with a little bit of 5150 and a little bit of VHT UL. On The March they used Framus Cobra's agian, so check out In The Eyes Of Fire for a very good example of a VHT tone. Also, Protest The Hero and August Burns Red used VHT's on Fortress and Messengers, respectively.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs