I'm getting a 2x12 cab. I've been wanting one forever but everytime I end up buying something else. This time I'm doing it. My 4x12's are for band use. I want a 2x12 for home use.

The avatar is basically the same price (10 dollars cheaper) than the vadar. All I hear about is how good avatar cabs are. I've actually heard vadar 4x12's and they are awesome too.

For the 6505 what would be the win? Other brands can be mentioned too but around the 400 dollar range like these two cabs. Quality is very important. It seems like the avatar goes for a more vintage sound and the vadar goes for a more modern metal sound? I don't really play any vintage stuff. I'm a modern metal prog guitarist.

Also maybe I just need a 1x12 avatar cab? I won't be playing at really high volumes but I will be cranking it a little.
Last edited by hcsn2008 at Feb 13, 2009,
I'd go for the vader if you're doing the modern metal thing.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
I'd go for the vader if you're doing the modern metal thing.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. but then theres a part of me that wants a 1x12. I have a peavey vypyr 60 tube that has a 1x12 in it and it goes plenty loud and stays tight. With 1x12 I'd save even more space. I could have it sitting right by my vypyr.
2x12 vader would suit your needs perfectly
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
Quote by funkymonkz
2x12 vader would suit your needs perfectly

If I decided to go 1x12 what would you recommend? Theres some nice ones I'm seeing online. I will probably pull two power tubes so I'll be at 60 watts on the 6505.
Quote by M Power
You have a 6505 but want a 1 x 12? What a waste of a bad ass amp

uh... First off as I said I play through 4x12's with my band. This is for my bedroom at home. 1x12 with my 60 vypyr tube does it well and it's really loud. So I'm thinking 1x12 will be all I need for the bedroom and it will save even more space. I don't want 4x12's in here.
O sorry...I guess you could do that though i would be careful if you get a little carried away with the volume one day you will destroy a single 12" speaker. I would go for 2 x 12 and get some headroom
Quote by M Power
O sorry...I guess you could do that though i would be careful if you get a little carried away with the volume one day you will destroy a single 12" speaker. I would go for 2 x 12 and get some headroom

Well I'm pulling two power tubes so I'll be at 60 watts and the 1x12's I'm looking at are 80 watts so they'll handle it. I know the 60 watt vypyr is extremely loud and holds together well like I said. All it has is 1x12 and it's pretty impressive.
a vader 2x12 is 18"high 30"wide 14"deep and most avatar 1x12's are 18"high 22"wide and 12"deep so you won't be saving that much space.

Also, the vader 2x12 would let you keep the other 2 power tubes and save you the hassle. The Vader will also suit your styles much better.
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
get the vader. i tried the 412 and the 212, and they both sounded excellent. what the website says is true, for once.
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
I will be getting the vadar because it's only 399 and looks to be what I need. I want to use it with recording too and I bet it'll sound great. 4x12's just take up a lot of space for me. I don't have much space to spare at all.
Vader would be my choice, but I hate how they look

I have two 2x12s for sale that would sound great with your 6505
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by M Power

If the power handling on that 1x12 is as high or higher then the amp's rated output, it'll last indefinitely.
Quote by MatrixClaw
Vader would be my choice, but I hate how they look

I have two 2x12s for sale that would sound great with your 6505

What do ya got man?