Many face-melting, butt-wiping, tax-paying bands came out of the Bluffington thrash scene of the mid-80s. Names like Pleas and Thanks, Serf Ninjas, and Bicurious George come to mind, but none were as raw or captured the spirit of hardcore punk quite like The Beets. Unfortunately, the band broke up after the over dose of bassist/vocalist Monroe Yoder on cheese balls in '91. The band seemed to be on the verge of its big break, but we'll never know for sure. Not all is lost, though, as the tunes remain to this day (at least three of them), and are linked below for your listening pleasure.

http://www.myspace.com/thebeetsrock

On a lighter note, what has happened with this forum? This is the first time I've seen a month go by without a BOTM.
The myspace doesn´t load so I can´t say nothing

Quote by opivy21
On a lighter note, what has happened with this forum? This is the first time I've seen a month go by without a BOTM.

People are never interested in the bands I post, so I gave it up
Quote by lavazza
The myspace doesn´t load so I can´t say nothing

People are never interested in the bands I post, so I gave it up

I really really liked Inner Terrestrials.
I wanted this to be about the band that produced such hits as "Killer Tofu" and "Need More Allowance"
brnh.bandcamp.com
Quote by blackflag49
..It is...

LOL at me not clicking the link.
brnh.bandcamp.com
Straight outta Bluffington

Represent.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Back in the day I used to hop in my friend's van and drive an hour or so to Bluffington on most weekends of the summer.

The Beets would always play the most Ragin' backyard shows you could ever imagine. One time I saw The Serf Ninjas, Bicurious George and Homo and The Sexuals all play the SAME show as the Beets at Roger Klotz's trailer park.

There were 5 kegs and the whole park turned out as well as all the coolest punkers in the Bluff and I remember Mr. Swirly was giving out free Chocolate Swirlies and Skunky Beaumont was mannin' the grill (he also was the weed connection if yer into that.)

The show was pure chaos. We were crammed in wall to wall and I lost my 40ozer in the pit. There weren't enough bathrooms either so people were just letting it rip where ever. I Saw Judy Funnie attempt to piss in some bushes off to the side but the pit swelled and as a result she got pushed into the puddle. Skeeter Valentine got up onstage to sing with the Beets for a bit but he was so hopelessly drunk that he threw up on Yoder's shoes and passed out.

I crashed in the Van that night and when I woke up I remember that the whole park smelled like a sewage treatment plant. Roger says the smell lasted for like 3 months.
Quote by Captain Insano
Aren't the Beets the fucking fake band from Doug?

That's what I was thinking about.

Edit: I actually looked at the Myspace now and I see that it is that band.
Last edited by werty22 at Feb 14, 2009,
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
Back in the day I used to hop in my friend's van and drive an hour or so to Bluffington on most weekends of the summer.

The Beets would always play the most Ragin' backyard shows you could ever imagine. One time I saw The Serf Ninjas, Bicurious George and Homo and The Sexuals all play the SAME show as the Beets at Roger Klotz's trailer park.

There were 5 kegs and the whole park turned out as well as all the coolest punkers in the Bluff and I remember Mr. Swirly was giving out free Chocolate Swirlies and Skunky Beaumont was mannin' the grill (he also was the weed connection if yer into that.)

The show was pure chaos. We were crammed in wall to wall and I lost my 40ozer in the pit. There weren't enough bathrooms either so people were just letting it rip where ever. I Saw Judy Funnie attempt to piss in some bushes off to the side but the pit swelled and as a result she got pushed into the puddle. Skeeter Valentine got up onstage to sing with the Beets for a bit but he was so hopelessly drunk that he threw up on Yoder's shoes and passed out.

I crashed in the Van that night and when I woke up I remember that the whole park smelled like a sewage treatment plant. Roger says the smell lasted for like 3 months.

Best. Post. Ever.
I have THE BEETS split 7 with VAMPIRE CATS... the one where Aaron Cometbus played drums for THE BEETS? Ya know?

Those guys used to love the beer bongs dude.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!