So lets see...

I'm looking into purchasing a new bass amp and I need basically the best bang for my buck (which isnt much)

Im looking into getting just a 1x15 combo, something around 400-500 dollars. My guitarists are urging me too save up to get something more along the lines of a half stack. So my idear is to spend maybe 300 bucks on a cab and 300 bucks on a head. I know that doesnt give me much to work with, but oh well
So anyone wanna point me in a good direction? NO behringer or fender plz

note: yes i am looking into used gear, dont give me that craigslist BS
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
Get a behringer 4x10 maybe for cheap, and an ashown mag 300 head. It will be a really good seup for the mo.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
What's wrong with Fender amps? I have a bassman 1x15 combo and it's really good.

you only get two more you little ******...
Quote by Azgirio

Quote by LordBishek
Whats wrong with fender amps, like your asking for an argument just saying no ******** or *********, if you just said i dont like the tone etc, but you say it in away that makes it soundlike your saying fender is bad.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Damn you make a lot of threads

Anyway, check out Ashdown and Acoustic for the combo, if you're going to go head/cab, look at Hartke, Laney, and the aforementioned acostic and ashdown

EDIT: Fatgoogle is right, just saying "-1" when people question your opinion(which isnt backed up by any fact) is only going to get yourself a bad reputation or a warning etc
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Last edited by ScottB. at Feb 13, 2009,
Quote by ScottB.
Damn you make a lot of threads

Anyway, check out Ashdown and Acoustic for the combo, if you're going to go head/cab, look at Hartke, Laney, and the aforementioned acostic and ashdown

TY and most of them are about my crappy picking skills >.<

and anyways, about acoustic, the name just kind of turns me off. i dun want to be acoustic, i want to be punchy. and i have seen acoustics are pretty cheap (price, not quality) so what do you have to say about them?
Quote by Azgirio

Quote by LordBishek
Last edited by PluckU at Feb 13, 2009,
^Me? Oh, yeah. They're designed for acoustic basses but depending on your playing style and bass, they can sound like whatever. So yeah, they can be punchy. You could get this and buy a head of your choice.
Gear:
Squier Strat
Cordoba 20TM-CE Acoustic Electric Tenor Uke
Bugera V22
Last edited by Sonis3 at Feb 13, 2009,
Quote by Sonis3
^Me? Oh, yeah. They're designed for acoustic basses but depending on your playing style and bass, they can sound like whatever. So yeah, they can be punchy.

well you or anybody else, it didnt really matter.
but yea, i might have to get either component acoustic
Im thinking, if I were to do that, if i should get the head acoustic, or the cab acoustic. getting either would allow me to pay more money on the other. Well, which is gonna contribute to my tone more, head or cab?
Quote by Azgirio

Quote by LordBishek
By hating Fender amps, you completely lost all credibility with me and have no desire to help you further. Don't be so arrogant.
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
By hating Fender amps, you completely lost all credibility with me and have no desire to help you further. Don't be so arrogant.

Lol when did i say i hate fender? i minused you for no help on the topic and being a doushe/fender fanboy
Quote by Azgirio

Quote by LordBishek
I also helped you i recommended ashdown, acoustic are owned by GC now. Their transparent and thats abought all i can tell you.

Heads generally contibute alot or most of all to the tone. Except something like that classic Ampeg tone also comes greatly from the cab.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by PluckU
note: yes i am looking into used gear, dont give me that craigslist BS

What's wrong with Cragislist? I haven't had a chance to yell "get the 505 nao" In quite some time ): We'll have to go hunting again
Quote by Canadian_basser
What's wrong with Cragislist? I haven't had a chance to yell "get the 505 nao" In quite some time ): We'll have to go hunting again

Lol that we must.
Well the reason i said craigslist bs, is because I am monitoring craigslist continually, and I just want some quality opinions for new gear =)
Quote by Azgirio

Quote by LordBishek
Quote by PluckU
Lol that we must.
Well the reason i said craigslist bs, is because I am monitoring craigslist continually, and I just want some quality opinions for new gear =)

gotcha. I don't really have any suggestions, other then to haunt craigslist. :P Just wanted to share the lack of 505 love right now. (: Damn, I use too many smilies...
I'd say, If you get the acoustic, get the cab.
Gear:
Squier Strat
Cordoba 20TM-CE Acoustic Electric Tenor Uke
Bugera V22
So alot of amp/heads being sold as a gropu on craigslist vary in wattage. Example: a 200 watt cab and a 600 watt head. Is this good or bad to have? In a group, which do you want to have more wattage of? Head or Cab?
Quote by Azgirio

Quote by LordBishek
If you not pushing it it will be fine, but otherwise you want a higher rms in your cab.

So if you have a 600 watt amp, you really want a 300 watt rms cab.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
^Depends on how much Wattage is going to the cab.

If all that 600 watts are going towards the cab the Cab is getting double its power intake.

But if its like an Extension Cab then it would be getting 300 watts

I'm not entirely sure about head and cab matching

all I know is, 4 Ohms means its sending all its power, 8 ohms means its half, and two 8's equal a 4 ohm.

Correct me if I'm wrong

I most likely am.
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
^^^Not really 4Ohms full 8Ohms half, but around 70%......

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ashdown-MAG-C210T300-Combo-Bass-Amp?sku=485033

This? then add a 1x15 as an extension cab at some point in the future? Or many get the MAG 600 4x10 combo instead.......then add a 1x15 too that?
Quote by IndianRockStar
The bass SHOULD cover the bottom end at the very least.

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->
Heres the deal, I have been watching Craigslist for the past two months, and these adds have been posted several times, so they probably arent going anywhere soon. I see each is advertising that they will sell stuff seperately. If I were to "mix and match", which would be my best bet? Or simply, which one is "better"?

http://houston.craigslist.org/msg/1042729595.html

http://houston.craigslist.org/msg/1042098583.html

http://houston.craigslist.org/msg/1038256831.html
Quote by Azgirio

Quote by LordBishek
It looks good but i would try and get an RB2 if i were you, i hear there better.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul