What's different about these tremolo systems than a standard one? Can someone explain one to me? I haven't found anything about them on Google or Wikipedia.
If you are looking at Vintage guitars with Wilkinson hardware, it's just the name of a company that makes a lot of hardware for those guitars.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Quote by Friendly Stoat
If you are looking at Vintage guitars with Wilkinson hardware, it's just the name of a company that makes a lot of hardware for those guitars.

No, I've seen Laguna guitars with a "Wilkinson Tremolo to divebomb your brains out!"
There are numerous models of wilkinson tremolos. Which one are you on about?
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
One of these? They're okay. It's a high-quality standard trem, a Gotoh product. Like any standard trem, it'll keep tuning pretty poorly unless you improve the system with locking tuners, and further a graphite nut or similar.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
I have a wilk on my US soloist build.It's really responsive with nice action,it doesn't fight you like a floyd sometimes will.With locking tuners it will stay in tune,it's a very stable bridge due to the stud designs.If I remember right the model I use is the VS-1000 or something like that.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

depends on the model, as pifty says. simplest way to look at it is kind of a halfway house between a vintage strat-style trem and a floyd.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?