I've been wondering about these guitars lately. They look kind of strange (especially the headstock) but have many cool features.I've played the new washburn's that come with the Parker carbonglass fretboard with stainles steel frets and they're insanely fast.

Also, not many people use them. The only guitarists i've seen that use them are Adam D from Killswitch Engage and Andrew T from The Human Abstract.
But I wanted to see if anybody out there owns a Parker guitar and could let everyone know how they play and sound.
my guitar tutor at college has one and he's a ****ing beast. So they're probably pretty good.
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Squirrels are fluffy bits of gay.

Quote by LordPino
My penis is so big it has its own hands.
aren't parker guitars crazy expensive?
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
I don't care for their appearances, aside from the PM20 and similar models, but they feel amazing. The few Flys I've played had incredible setups.
ive never used one, but ive wanted one for ages, Kristofer Dahl uses one, and ive seen Phil Campbell of Motorhead use one aswell, they sound great though, id love to play one
Gear:

Jackson RR-3 Eerie Desert Swirl
Alden Warlord Guitar+Bass
Encore Strat
KTone Alpine White 6/12 Double Neck SG
Digitech RP500
Kustom Amp KGA16R

And A Bunch Of Other Stuff
I have only good things to say about them.

Some of the thinnest necks you can get, absolutely the best fret access, and an incredible tremolo system. Tone will differ depending on which model you get, but then again, a USA Parker is best complemented by an amp from the same price range and up.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Awesome guitars, plain and simple.
Gear:
Fender Stratocaster
Silvertone 1448L
TC Electronic Polytune
Fender Blues Jr.
More in profile...
very ergonomic, stainless steel frets and phelonic fretboards kick ass, and lightweight with tons of electronics stuffed inside. Pure brilliance.
Gear:
Modded Steinberger Spirit (white) (SD-AH/EMG Select)
Modded Steinberger GP-2R (white) (EMG81/60)
Peavey XXL head
Hughes and Kettner Cream Machine
Hughes and Kettner Blues Master
I love my NiteFly M. It has the best playability of any guitar I've yet to get my hands on.

Quote by Wesseem
aren't parker guitars crazy expensive?

New they can be, but there are a ton of good deals to be had in the used market. It isn't hard to find an unrefined deluxe in the $1200 range and I found my NiteFly for $700. You just have to look.
I'm highjacking this thread off...I mean, usually it for my own selfish purposes.

I've been wanting a project Parker (either P-42 or P-44) and replacing it with custom pickups (DiMarzio Evos). The P-44Pro has Seymour Jazz and JB, which are nice, but I really wanna push for the Evos.
P-44s retail at about $550-$700, both Evos costing me $150.
I haven't found the pricing for a P-44 Pro though.

And both the Fly and Nitefly's are out of my budget. But if I do find a nice, used Nitefly, I'm taking that over the anything else.
A local guitarist used to have some kinda Fly and really enjoyed it. One night at a show however the guitar fell off the stand right when my band was going up and the carbon-whatever fretboard had a nasty crack down the side of it. It played really nice and sounded great but that has had me questioning their durability ever since
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
I Love em,

cant think highest of them, my mate has had four and every single one has been amazing, check out the parker forums as the guys there go really into detail about the specs and from there you can probably see which one would suit you most.

and for £2000 the deluxe is amazing
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Quote by Flux'D
A local guitarist used to have some kinda Fly and really enjoyed it. One night at a show however the guitar fell off the stand right when my band was going up and the carbon-whatever fretboard had a nasty crack down the side of it. It played really nice and sounded great but that has had me questioning their durability ever since

A nasty crack in fiberglass? It's not really the kind of material known for "cracking".

These guitars are not covered in composite materials to be rugged, but rather to make it so a super-thin body and neck would not deform under a couple hundred pounds of string tension. Other guitars use a dozen pounds of wood to keep structural rigidity, while a Parker uses a thin layer of the shit race cars are made of. Other than that, a Fly is as fragile - if not more - as any other guitar. So if anything, you have to be doubly as careful with them.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Always wanted to try a parker fly, but never seen them around sadly.

Beautiful guitars, but they are damn expensive.
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
A nasty crack in fiberglass? It's not really the kind of material known for "cracking".

These guitars are not covered in composite materials to be rugged, but rather to make it so a super-thin body and neck would not deform under a couple hundred pounds of string tension. Other guitars use a dozen pounds of wood to keep structural rigidity, while a Parker uses a thin layer of the shit race cars are made of. Other than that, a Fly is as fragile - if not more - as any other guitar. So if anything, you have to be doubly as careful with them.

Maybe a fracture or a check would be a better term for it then? There was a visible line that you could catch your fingernail on down the length of the fretboard. It was maybe about half the length of the fretboard?
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by Flux'D
Maybe a fracture or a check would be a better term for it then? There was a visible line that you could catch your fingernail on down the length of the fretboard. It was maybe about half the length of the fretboard?
As in, the fretboard came off the neck? Ouch. Can't imagine how that would look, but hey, stranger things happened. Like I said, they're by no means bulletproof.
I hear they are light as a feather
And on the seventh day, I said "Go to your room!"

check out my jazz tab and ill gladly do a review of any of your stuff

I play the bass clarinet! How 'bout you? PM me!
my guitar teacher has one it is the single most gorgeous instrument that i've ever played, feels wayy better than my friend's PRS which cost at least $1000 more than the parker.
I like the one I played at my drummer's house, albeit it would have been a lot more comfortable to play with proper tuning. It just felt awkward playing my stuff on it, but that might have been because I was running it through an amp with such bad distortion it made my Line 6 Spider 3 sound like a damn Dual Rectifier.