I looked over the whole guitar took off pickups and put them back on and their wires were fine, i found one white wire on the whole guitar that's not hooked up to anything over in the area around the tone pot.

If you could tell me where this wire would go it would help, because i dont want to have to take this thing into a store for one damn wire, id be wasting money since i can easily solder it myself, its just finding out where it goes.

What makes my job tougher is this guitar has no brand name on it so i cant just look up wiring diagrams, ill show pics of the wiring and the body so maybe one of you can tell me what to do.

THE WIRING

THE BODY
Maybe a Ground wire?

Shouldn't this be in Gear Building/Customizing?
Quote by Oujou
Maybe a Ground wire?

Shouldn't this be in Gear Building/Customizing?

no becuase im fixing it not building it
and it could be the ground wire im not sure, half the wires are white
probably a ground wire. as stated before, take a look at the trem claw.

nice looking guitar though. looks like a combo of a jackson/ibanez/kramer.
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
Quote by DimeLvR
Look at all the points and see witch has solder on em?

that doesnt help becuase all the points with solder already have something connected to them, so I cant figure out where it came off of

EDIT::
checked the trem claw the wire from there is sold onto another connection so it isnt that one
Last edited by Ghanja_Fog at Feb 13, 2009,
where does the wire come from?

is there a group of wires on the back of the pot?

if so, are they the same color as that wire?

and this does belong in GGA
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
where does the wire come from?

is there a group of wires on the back of the pot?

if so, are they the same color as that wire?

and this does belong in GGA

sorry if its the wrong forum but im desperate for answers on this one

the wire comes from the volume knob and theres a group of wires on that and one of them is connected to the tone pot. that wire is also white.
The pic is not that good, Whats that Yellow thing on the pot? It look's almost like something should be soldered there. What I meant by the last post look for a place that wire was connected, there should be some residue left over from where it was at. or plug the guitar in and touch different points until you get sound.
Last edited by DimeLvR at Feb 13, 2009,
Quote by Ghanja_Fog
sorry if its the wrong forum but im desperate for answers on this one

the wire comes from the volume knob and theres a group of wires on that and one of them is connected to the tone pot. that wire is also white.

if the loose wire is white and all the ground wires on top of the pot are white then this is a ground, as suspected.

do you have a white wire going your jack?
like pictured here?

if not, and that wire can reach, then that wire might go to the jack.

because i can see there's a routed hole near the pot where the wire comes from, but i can't tell if that's the neck or ass end of the guitar, from that pic.

also, in GGA there's an ultimate wiring thread. one of the guys will answer by tomoorrow if you dont hear back from me, cause im going to bed soon.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Last edited by jj1565 at Feb 13, 2009,
Definitely ass end my friend, the 5 way is right there and looking at the other pic, its not even close to the neck.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Epiphone SG w/EMG's

Amps:
Peavey Windsor Head w/ JSX Cab
MicroCube (for the sake of practice at college)

Pedals :
Fulltone Full Drive 2 Mosfet
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
^no i mean. the cavity points up or down. there are two exits there.

i'd like to think it's going to the jack cavity. but i think it's the other way, in which case that wire wouldnt be long enough and probably not to the jack if it was stock.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Unless that orange wire splits up into two for the input, then that white wire is the ground for your input maybe.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Epiphone SG w/EMG's

Amps:
Peavey Windsor Head w/ JSX Cab
MicroCube (for the sake of practice at college)

Pedals :
Fulltone Full Drive 2 Mosfet
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
if thats the ground for the input then its a little short man, unless maybe its supposed to connect to the end of the brown wire. not sure.
to know, all you have to do is look.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

I tried some connections with electrical tape, i got some buzzing from one of the connections if so would that mean ive got it?
i know it sounds like a stupid question but i want to be sure before i start soldering anything