Anyone seen this movie? My girlfriend and I are going to see it tomorrow. I know it got really great reviews, won a bunch of Golden Globes and is nominated for quite a few Oscars. I've been looking forward to seeing it for a while and my part of the world just recently got it.

So...has anybody seen it? Does it really live up to all the hype?
I saw it...worst movie I've seen in a long time.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
It's great. Go see it.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
my uncle was on the editing team for it, look out for tommy kemplen in the credits. I haven't actually seen it though but I want to!
Quote by Survivalism
Your parents go ass-to-mouth and then kiss you.

The truth can be a horrific thing some times
i love that movie i saw it before it won anything and faggets were talking about it
but anyways yea good movie very powerful go see it
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
I have heard good things about it but if it has much Bollywood style dance scenes then it won't be for me.
There's no Bollywood dances until the end credits. And that (there's only one) is distinctly separate from the rest of the movie.
Quote by brooklynsoulja1
i love that movie i saw it before it won anything and faggets were talking about it

You're so cool.
I just got back from my year 12 retreat, and we watched it there. Its pretty good. I think. I missed the end because I was asleep. Some of my friends said they I didn't wake up even when they threw pillows at me, but I didn't think I even fell asleep.

The Freedom Writers was better, we watched that the night before.

EDIT: There's not really any bollywood style crap in it. There is a fair bit of violence though.
Last edited by littlephil at Feb 13, 2009,
I have a copied DVD of it in my bag, a guy at work did a load of copies and just gave us them. I've heard a lot about this movie. It was even in the pub quiz last night. It's everywhere I turn.

Reckon I'll put it on tomorrow as that pretence/background noise you need when you have someone over, and you both know you'll end up ****ing, but haven't said as much yet.

Quote by madbasslover
I've never even seen a trailer for Slumdog Millionaire. What's it supposed to be about?

Same here. I have no clue.

Some guy who is poor but then gets rich, from what I can gather.
I personally preferred The Wrestler. I thought it was amazing.
I think Slumdog is a film that uses luck extensively as a plot device, and I think there is a limiting value to how often you can use this. Mickey Rourke's character in the Wrestler, on the other hand, could have been anyone.
I liked it.

It's about a poor 18 year old called Jamal who gets on the Indian version of 'Who Wants to be a Millionare?'. He is suspected of cheating and explains how he knew the answers by recounting moments in his life.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Its about a poor Indian guy who gets on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and wins 20 million rupiah. They think he's cheated and the movie starts with him being tortured to admit he cheated. Then he gets shown the recording of the show and a cop is asking him how he knew the answers. Each question goes into a flashback of his past and he knows them all because of stuff that happened from when he was a kid until he went on the show. That's basically it.
I thought it was fantastic, it lived up to the hype for me. Soundtrack is amazing as well.
TO = used for expressing motion or direction toward a point, person, place, or thing approached and reached, as opposed to from

TWO = the number 2

TOO = in addition; also; furthermore; to an excessive extent or degree
Really good film, saw it today. Definitely moving, though the ending is ****e.

Excellently directed though. Danny Boyle has got style. Sunshine is one of my favourite movies, and he also directed Trainspotting and Millions. Both very different veins of films, but very cool. The brothers in Slumdog reminded me a bit of the Millions kids too, hah.

It's a pretty great film, overall.
I really want to see it. Might be going up on Monday to watch it.
I'll run in the rain till Im breathless
When Im breathless I'll run till I drop
The thoughts of a fools kind of careless
Im just a fool waiting on the wrong block.
The soundtrack is really good, and the film kept me interested throughout, well worth a watch.
One of the best fucking movies I've seen in a long, long time.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Haven't seen it.. but if you didn't see it and like horror movies check out friday the 13th, its pretty scary but it has a stupid ass ending.. but whatever its a good movie.
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah
A few years ago I read the book it was based on.
They changed alot in the movie, didn't realise it was based on it until I saw it yesterday
Quote by Chad11491
they would call it "new york" , just like we would call a german city like amsterdam , amsterdam....

The below statement is true
The above statement is false

Quote by JMack
My mom called me a son of a bitch.

Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?
It seems like India is cool again.

By "India," of course, I mean the western view of India, the whole "OMG IT'S SO SPIRITUAL!!!!" thing.

The girl in that movie is hot though.
kill all humans
Good movie, pretty powerful. No real messages in it... other than don't let **** get you down. Deserves the awards it got due to the competition it faced. Not in my top 5, however, I would recommend seeing it.
1996 Fender American Telecaster
Schecter Omen 6
VOX AC-15
Alvarez PF2005
1985 PROCO RAT II
BOSS DS-1, DD3, SD-1, TU-3, NS-2
Danelectro Overdrive
Jimi Hendrix Wah
EHX LPB-1
MXR Supercomp
Quote by Nacho_Novo
I have heard good things about it but if it has much Bollywood style dance scenes then it won't be for me.

It's directed by Danny Boyle, so I hardly doubt it.

As for the topic: go and see it. It's a refreshing, original film and is definitely worth seeing. It's well directed, well scripted and enjoyable.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
OVERRATED!

*clap* *clap* *clap**clap**clap*

OVERRATED!

*clap* *clap* *clap**clap**clap*

seriously, it was pretty decent, but nothing spectacular at all.
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there