On my epiphone les paul studio I'm just looking for some pickups better than the stocks. I've heard good things about Gibson Dirty Fingers, Seymour Duncan Invaders, Seymour Duncan SH-6, and Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB. All of this would go in the bridge position. I already have found a good neck pickup. I play punk rock but I want a good tone. I'm playing my Les Paul out of a Peavey Windsor with a Boss DS-1. My price range is $70-120 a piece for this pickup. So are any of these good or would you recomend another pickup?
The JB or the SH-6............ and try out the Custom i think its better for PunK
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
all of those are pretty high output- do you want that? the JB actually doesn't do a bad job of newer punk (e.g. green day), but is probably a bit too hot for earlier punk (and it also has a tendency to sound a bit hair metal if you aren't careful).

what are you going with in the neck? just curious, and also would need to make sure they'll go together (unless you never use the middle position, i.e. both pickups on).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Seymour Duncan SH-1 '59 for the neck. i usually use the bridge but i will use the center from time to time
ok doke, yeah, the '59 is generally a pretty safe choice. if you mainly use the bridge, then you can more or less get whatever you like, but if you want to use the middle position occasionally, i wouldn't get something which is a lot hotter than the '59, as that might affect the tone of the middle position adversely...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
ok doke, yeah, the '59 is generally a pretty safe choice. if you mainly use the bridge, then you can more or less get whatever you like, but if you want to use the middle position occasionally, i wouldn't get something which is a lot hotter than the '59, as that might affect the tone of the middle position adversely...

well for my bridge I want to get the dirty fingers pickup to get the tom delonge blink sound. Out of all of the pickups I listed what would give me a good Blink 182, NOFX, Sum 41, Anti-Flag sound?
i'm not too well up on the exact sounds of all those bands, unfortunately.

however...

i think the distortion might be too trebly and metallic-sounding.
the invader might be (by that i mean, "probably will be") too muddy in a LP-style guitar.

so that's you down to the jb (which still mightn't be perfect) and dirty fingers (which i haven't tried).

hard to say, to be honest. do you even need something so high in output?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i'm not too well up on the exact sounds of all those bands, unfortunately.

however...

i think the distortion might be too trebly and metallic-sounding.
the invader might be (by that i mean, "probably will be") too muddy in a LP-style guitar.

so that's you down to the jb (which still mightn't be perfect) and dirty fingers (which i haven't tried).

hard to say, to be honest. do you even need something so high in output?

well no i suppose I'm kinda new with pickups so I dont really know if high output is what I want. ive just heard that those are good pickups for punk and my favoirte bands use them. so im not sure whats good for punk
neither am i, i don't really play punk, and what's not helping is that a lot of punk guys will just use anything...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well, this might be terribly wrong, but to hell with it - here i go.
I personally would get something moderate in output since all of those punk/pop-punk sounds are pretty distortion pedal based (to me), plus lower output pickups might help you to control your attack and the tightness of the riffs a bit more.
If you get high output pickups you'd get what dave said, trebly, mettalic distortion.

Also, mind that Tom DeLonge uses a semi-hollow - so you wont be getting a tone like his with the dirty fingers

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
yeah, i'd be tempted to go with low to medium output too.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?