It's pretty much relegated to the underground but Jazz Rap is an incredible genre. Artists are hard to come by though. What I've heard and love is Freestyle Fellowship, Aceyalone, and Guru (from Gang Starr) Does anybody else know of any good Jazz Rap out there?
Hm... Sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out sometime.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Big fan.

A Tribe Called Quest, Black Star, The Pharcyde, De La Soul, Gang Starr.

It's my favourite rap subgenre
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
sweet, I've already heard some of those groups and heard of some of the others but this is a huge help
THANK YOU BIG TIME
It's not strictly rap but madlibs tribute to blue note records is ****ing amazing too.
^yeah it is. Also Q-tip did an album called Kamaal the Abstract with a full fusion band.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
check out NoNeedz, his beats are usually either reggae or jazz influenced. He also was a guest artist on High Tide's cd, Play Me Reggae (on Bammoth (Remix)), and Clear Conscience's cd What's Inside Counts (on Only Natural).
Some people might kick my ass for this but some gym class heroes stuff is jazz influcenced stuff like Oh my god and this thing called life.
Madlib (especially Madvillainy by Madvillain)
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by pwnerer
Madlib in his own is much more jazzy that Madvillain...

I know. But I like Madvillain better.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.