Before I never really cared about which strings I put on my guitar. But now that I'm a smarter player I realize it is important.

So I was wondering which strings are most recommended for my strat? I usually play blues style, but really a little of everything.

I hear Elixir, D'Addario, and Ernie Ball are pretty much the big sellers and in the magazine advertisements and stuff.
Any other opinions, and specific names?
there's not really any "best" strings. strings are purely preference, brands one person likes the next person could think they feel like crap. so the best advice i can give you is just try out a bunch of different brands in your gauge until you find the ones you like best.

i personally prefer D'addario .11's.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Last edited by mikeyElite at Feb 13, 2009,
Strings are all personal preference usually.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Strings are like women: There are a million different kinds out there, and the only way to find the ones that you're compatible with is to try them out.

I've used, over the years, Ernie Ball, D'addario, and now DR. I'm liking DR's right now, but who knows, I may go back to one of the other two, or find another brand that I latch on to.

Just try some out, and find the ones that feel right for you.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
If you don't want to buy strings all the time, get elixers. They last forever.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
i've used ernie balls, fenders, dunlops, DR, GHS, and d'addario. personally, i don't like how daddario's feel or sound. sound wise, i think ernie ball is best suited for what i play (metal/hardcore/rock). however, they last shortly and they start deteriorating really fast, but they are cheap.. I just flat out hate fender strings. GHS was good in tone, but i didnt like how they felt (really stiff). dunlops are good. DR's are my favorite. great feel and tone and they stay in good condition for a really long time. I've had some on for like 2 months and theyre still shiny. looks only like a couple week old.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack