I have a JS1000 Ibanez with a Floyd Rose bridge. Lately about the time i tried using heavy strings it has been going out of tune very quickly. It even goes out of tune while im tuning it. The bridge is level and everything except it is slightly higher with the heavy strings but not enough to be a noticable difference. Im wondering if its the heavy strings. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Gear
Ibanez JS1000
DigiTech DF-7 Distortion Factory
Fender Strat
Vetta II
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
check your intonation and locking nut. If your intonation is off, it won't return to proper tuning and if you locking nut doesn't lock enough, it'll go out of tune when you use the floyd.
WTLTL 2011
Well, im not using the nut locking atm because its a pain to change tunings with. And how do i check intonation?
Gear
Ibanez JS1000
Fender Strat
Vetta II
If you dont use the locking nut its going to go out of tune. Floyds are meant to stay in one tuning, not to be changed.
with floyd rose you have to choose a tuning and stick w/ it lock and tone it or continue to have problems. constantly changing tune can screw your neck also, too much tension change, just my opinion...
Ok thanks for the help
Gear
Ibanez JS1000
Fender Strat
Vetta II
Last edited by Nicko430 at Feb 13, 2009,
Lol my friend loves to use the whammy bar and hates the nut locking and still tells me "Nick your guitar is horrible at staying in tune."
Gear
Ibanez JS1000
Fender Strat
Vetta II
Quote by Nicko430
Lol my friend loves to use the whammy bar and hates the nut locking and still tells me "Nick your guitar is horrible at staying in tune."

1.) nick its just fun to use ur whammy cuz mine is horrible
2.) now i hate ur whammy cuz it cant go from tuning to tuning with all that trouble
3.) it is horrible at staying in tune
When you change gauge of strings it needs to be set up again. Any tension change, tuning or strings, affects its balance. Thats the big down side to FRs is you really lose the ability to change tunings easy. So you can set it up for 1 string gauge and tuning lock the nut and leave it there, if set up right will stay in tune. Or you can use it as is and deal with the tuning. FRs wont do both.