I was trying to update my drivers, and I couldn't find a driver update for my Conexant AMC Audio sound card. But the first google result is this.

I'm not sure whether to trust this site or not. I know if I have doubts I probably shouldn't, but I wanted to ask other people's opinions on it before I downloaded, maybe some of you have used it before.

Thanks.
While the wicked stand confounded, call me with thy saints surrounded.
Quote by .Will.
I wouldn't use that.
It looks dodgy as hell lol.

That was my first impression too lol. I was just curious as to whether anyone else had used it.
Quote by freedoms_stain
You know who the manufacturer is, get it off their website, guaranteed most up to date driver that way.

Yes, but try as I might, I couldn't find a Conexant AMC Audio website. Although I did look up my computer on HP's website, and they offered all the (I hope) up to date drivers on everything about my computers. The last drivers were from 2005, and that's when I got the computer. It's nothing special, so I guess they aren't important enough to warrant any updates.

But this just means I have another problem that I can't find... The sound is lagging when I play Garry's Mod, but it only seems to happen when I install a certain addon, an addon that I know to be respectable and have gotten to work for me before...

Oh well, thanks for the help guys.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Actually, the software is legit, softpedia rates it as clean

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/Driver-Detective.shtml

however, in this case I don't think it's particularly efficient for the installation of a single driver.

Thanks for the help.

And I just read your "Five things all Windows users need to know"... and I applaud you. A definite help to me, you have my thanks.