So I got a HM-3 a while ago, and I'm having trouble getting good sounds out of it, I got it off eBay for $50 so I don't have the manual.

My main problem is that I cant get good palm muting sounds with it. I'm not exactly sure how to describe it though.

So if anyone can explain how I can get some good sounds, it would be much appreciated. thanks.

I'm playing with a legend strat copy and a 30 watt Mega amp.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
yes my man you are in exactly the same position as me!

i know what you meen with the setup, however i find the chugging sound of palm muted playing is emmense but i cant get good open sounds (i.e not muted) either tehres too much treble or too much bass

whats the current eq settings your using on it?

EDIT: you better not have been the guy that beat me on ebay to buy this pedal a while ago
Last edited by munkyRobb at Feb 13, 2009,
Usually bass full, and treble around 3 or 4 O'clock.

I've found if I put my boss SD-1 behind it in the signal path, and put the drive on about 3 and the level about the same It sounds good, but there's way to much noise and It's kind of difficult to switch to a clean sound.

Edit: unless you buy off the Australian eBay then i doubt it.
return 0;

Quote by jsync

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Last edited by Julz127 at Feb 13, 2009,
I don't know if the HM-3 is like the HM-2, but honestly, the HM-2 sounds awesome with everything at max; instant Scandinavian Death Metal tone.
Quote by Julz127
Usually bass full, and treble around 3 or 4 O'clock.

I've found if I put my boss SD-1 behind it in the signal path, and put the drive on about 3 and the level about the same It sounds good, but there's way to much noise and It's kind of difficult to switch to a clean sound.

Edit: unless you buy off the Australian eBay then i doubt it.

fair fair

whats the bass like on your amp?

cos my laney is bassey as **** and i only have the bass around 1 or 2 oclock with the treble at just past 3oclock and the distortion just a bit more than the bass

and also what is your amp eq set upto to while you running the pedal thro it?
I use bass 3 o'clock, treble 2 o'clock and distortion 1 o'clock
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by munkyRobb
fair fair

whats the bass like on your amp?

cos my laney is bassey as **** and i only have the bass around 1 or 2 oclock with the treble at just past 3oclock and the distortion just a bit more than the bass

and also what is your amp eq set upto to while you running the pedal thro it?

Currently my rig is as follows:

Strat Copy>Boss SD-1>HM-3>Amp

The Eq settings on my amp are usually Bass 1 - 2 o'clock, mid 2-3 o'clock treble 4-5 o'clock.

My Mega 30 isn't very bassey, In fact that's my main complaint with the amp is that the EQ isn't very responsive.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8EU-PbE5gw

That's a demo of the TR30
return 0;

Quote by jsync

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Last edited by Julz127 at Feb 17, 2009,
A pedal won't stop a crappy amp from being crappy - you need a better amp.

Or do you? Those clips sounded pretty good actually

The Palm muting problem is probably because you're using a strat-type. Strats are really versatile, but just about the only thing they can't do is chumky, palm-muted tones, you pretty much need humbuckers for that.

To be honest the HM3 is kind of redundant, if you use the SD1 over the amp distortion you should have all the distortion you need.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Feb 17, 2009,
Quote by steven seagull
A pedal won't stop a crappy amp from being crappy - you need a better amp.

Or do you? Those clips sounded pretty good actually

The Palm muting problem is probably because you're using a strat-type. Strats are really versatile, but just about the only thing they can't do is chumky, palm-muted tones, you pretty much need humbuckers for that.

To be honest the HM3 is kind of redundant, if you use the SD1 over the amp distortion you should have all the distortion you need.

In the clips on my profile I running my strat copy straight into my computer then amping it in guitar rig 3.

The problem with using the SD-1 over the amp distortion is that I cant get a clean tone when I switch it off.
return 0;

Quote by jsync

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle