i want to make a rhoads body flying V, with light weight body and great sound quality, which brand should i choose to make a my custom guitar? and what wood should i take fo the neck and body to make the lightest wood with great sound quality? thx
IMO, if you can't decide what body wood you want to use, you probably shouldn't be considering blowing 4-5 grand on a custom shop guitar.

What do you mean by great sound quality? There are several light tone woods that excel in different things. What type of music are you planning on playing?
i'm playing metal, but i am really pinched right now, i'm choosing between alder and maple, which is ligter?
Quote by T!AN
IMO, if you can't decide what body wood you want to use, you probably shouldn't be considering blowing 4-5 grand on a custom shop guitar.

What do you mean by great sound quality? There are several light tone woods that excel in different things. What type of music are you planning on playing?

+1
There are many different types of wood that people use in their guitars. It all depends on what the Custom Shop works with, what you prefer the sound of, what you classify as being heavy, how much money you are willing to spend, etc?
Mahogony is a heavy wood, but has some of best sustain for the price, as is Maple. Alder is not overly heavy but sounds very nice. Rosewood is fine as well.
well idk wat guitar to tell you to get but i can deff. decide on ESP as the brand to get though. ive played quite a few ESPs and own one and they all play great and sound good. and to top it off they look pretty sharp too.
-BiOhAZarD722-
Originally Posted by Gizzard101
I personally prefer Dr.Dre but Lil Jon is gangsta home boy fresh aswell.
...lol wtf?
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
sounds like you have a severe case of the dumbass.....it's quite common in the pit really just sleep it off