Will this amp be loud enough to play in a full band at small gigs? Currently I have a SCXD and it wont make it over drums so I figured I'd give this a try because there are some cheap ones on craigslist. Anyone know truly how loud these things get?
yeah, i have this amp and it can play over the drums with the volume at 3. great amp, buy it.
i use it. its very very loud. and a good amount of headroom. its borderline too loud.
are you interested in buying one used?
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
i use it. its very very loud. and a good amount of headroom. its borderline too loud.
are you interested in buying one used?

Very much so. Give me a price. There is one on Craigslist in my area for $400 and I consider that quite a steal unless you can offer lower.
i was asking 400 anyway lol. i would go with the one in your area so you can go try it out and make sure it works and you like it and stuff. enjoy it.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Would you say it would be a good amp for me? I have been playing for about a year now and I've gotten real good. I need a amp that get me over drums but still give me that great Fender tone. I use a MIM strat and I think this is the best in the price range that will give me the tone I need. I like a awesome clean and passable OD. Will it work? I'm playing in a band with 5 other ppl by the way.
its plently loud for a band. ive toured with mine. it has great cleans. the od isnt all that good. sounds pretty good with the gain low and an OD pushing it.
there is a clip of mine in my profile called fender hrd test or something like that.
it isnt a super reliable amp if you tour alot. i worked mine very very hard and it failed me a couple times.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
The OD doesn't have to be all that great I suppose. I own a Digitech Bad Monkey and a DS-1 so they can give me the tones I need whenever playing something heavier. I guess I'll just have to play it for myself but for right now it seems like the best choice.
And after listening to your HRD test I'd have to say that not only are you the man at guitar, but you know what you're talking about. I think I may just have to get this amp. And I don't expect to be gigging that much as of now. Like I said I'm not that good yet but just want something that'll keep up with my bandmates. Thanks for the help.
i do very much recommend buying an OD of some sort with it. an amp with good tone makes you want to practice all the time, so you will improve alot with in the first month or two of having one. have fun man, and play your heart out.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Well so much for the HRD. I went into a Guitar Center today that I usually don't go to and found a Mesa Boogie 45 watt tube amp combo for only $420 used. Sounds amazing both clean and dirty.
Grats dude. Also grats on your taste in music. What model is it?
also lul at the price
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
It's a Mesa Boogie Nomad 45. When I saw the price sticker I couldn't believe it. Plugged in and just loved it. My distortion and overdrive pedal will be put on Ebay as soon as possible.