found one really cheap at my local cashies ($600AUD) which would probs be around $300/250 US after shipping and the butt-fck us Australians get in the price of guitars.

Its HSH, has EMG HZ's, A mohagany neck and body with a maple top, LFR, neck thru construction, and see thru black finish. I cant play it there as its got rusty strings so i was wondering if there any good and if i should get it.

BTW ill be trading my crappy bc rich in, so itll be more of an upgrade then a full blown aditional purchase
Get it dude, those things were going for close to 2 grand new if I recall. I played one at venue music in sydney years ago and they're beautiful. The HZ pickups are not bad and the floyds on them were one of the better licenced ones I've come across. I had an M-251 up until a few weeks ago, sold it and grabbed a brand new M-200 FM. LTDs kick serious arse if you're lucky enough to find them.
Quote by Waylanderau
Get it dude, those things were going for close to 2 grand new if I recall. I played one at venue music in sydney years ago and they're beautiful. The HZ pickups are not bad and the floyds on them were one of the better licenced ones I've come across. I had an M-251 up until a few weeks ago, sold it and grabbed a brand new M-200 FM. LTDs kick serious arse if you're lucky enough to find them.

WTF?

I know Australia has higher prices than the US,especially with musical gear,but I have trouble believing they were charging $2000 for a lower end LTD model.If that's true then I honestly am chagrined and bewildered.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

well i was looking at some reviews and the original sticker price was $US850, and back when they made them the exchange rate was around double plus shipping so it sounds about right
Quote by BucketHayden
well i was looking at some reviews and the original sticker price was $US850, and back when they made them the exchange rate was around double plus shipping so it sounds about right

My God that sucks so bad...

You have my condolences good Sir.

If that's the case then I'd definitely pick it up,sounds like a good deal.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by BucketHayden

Added to that is the fact that at the time there was only one shop in australia that sold them so they could pretty much charge what they liked. They have become a lot cheaper in the last couple of years though. When I got my M-251 it was $1870 but the M-200 FM I picked up last week was only $1000