I was loooking around my house and found my sisters old flute, and thought it;d be cool to learn to play, but i know nothing about it, so i wondering if there was a site like ug for flute with fingerings, setup, and songs. thanks ~C$
And on the seventh day, I said "Go to your room!"

check out my jazz tab and ill gladly do a review of any of your stuff

I play the bass clarinet! How 'bout you? PM me!
Last edited by CHOCOmoney at Feb 14, 2009,
I don't know about that, but if you're in high school...Ask Your Schools Music Teacher, He/She will probably be able to help you along the way and give you books to help.
i would try http://www.ultimate-flute.com/

but in all seriousness i agree with Haustinj
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ

Michael Kelly Patriot Ltd.

Spector N20004

Michael Kelly V65 Acoustic

Vintage 1965 Fender Bassman Stack

Crate GFX1200H On a Behringer Bass Cab

Orange Fund: $48
so i searched the internet, and i found fingerings and how to put it togther and all is well. but i noticed that depending on the position of my mouth, it will go up an octave, so are there any diagrams of proper mouth postion?
I started playing flute a month ago. You should seriously get a teacher or you'll pick up loads of bad habits.
are you supposed to tongue like on the clarinet? Ive been playing the clarinet for 4-5 years, and Im sure any similarities will help me learn. and no, i cant get a teacher, but i do have a couple friends that play the flute. also what bad habit are you talking about?
another question, how do you make it sound less dry and airy?

Try and move your upper lip out slightly above the bottom one and make sure you can feel the hole on the bottom of your lip (It should cover like 1/3 of the hole).
thanks, that helps a whole lot!

EDIT: nevermind, when i do that, i play C and it becomes a G for some reason how do i keep it a C?

Last edited by CHOCOmoney at Feb 14, 2009,
im still having a problem with it sounding airy and i cant find a good mouth postion, diagrams please?
Good embouchure comes from playing long notes in front of a mirror and watching what you do. It takes time, you won't get an amazing tone just like that, you have to build it up.