my first post!

i was wondering. im 14, the type of music i like is rock/metal... but more metaly

i currently have a jackson dinky Dk2S (i got for 350$ used) its treated me well but i need to get something with a little more metal crunch then the duncan designed humbucker.

my guitar teacher, who is a huge gibson fan, suggested i get a gibson les paul studio.
he said it very versitile and should meet my needs.

i dont want to go against him, but i was wondering what kind of guitars you would suggest for me? ( around the 1 grand mark).

so far i was thinking. rather gibson les paul studio, dean razorback 10,000 commemerative, i dont know, something that sounds good for things like bullet for my valentine... metal. but since im only 14, i want it to look kool thats why i leaned towards the dean razorback... little help?

ps. i'm also getting a new amp my parents said no more then 800$ and i have to pay 75%. my teacher recommended a peavy classic 30 with a tube screamer, very versatile and with the tube screamer can pull out metal riffs. according to him

thanks for your help! first time user of UG forums!
Razorbacks are garbage IMO.

For metal, I would suggest a high end LTD. Great value, Nice craftsmanship, Very metal.

For an amp, look on eBay or craigslist for a used Peavey 6505 or 5150 combo. It will do metal far better than the Classic 30.
Quote by DaveyAreAwesome
Razorbacks are garbage IMO.

For metal, I would suggest a high end LTD. Great value, Nice craftsmanship, Very metal.

For an amp, look on eBay or craigslist for a used Peavey 6505 or 5150 combo. It will do metal far better than the Classic 30.

thank you for posting. a high end LTD eh.. ill look into that, my birthday is in 20 days though and im 14, so bay really isn't an option for a birthday present for me. any other suggestions?.... i need to get an amp that i can just go buy, not spend hours looking for on eBay, it might not work.. its used... i have a 20 day time line.... and my parents don't buy things online :S.... 800$ ish please.