So I read in Guitar world than Waves GTR solo program was free for a year. I didn't know what it was so I checked it out. I THINK it's a program where you plug your guitar into your computer and it plays with different amps and ****, but I have no idea. I can't find any info on how to attach my guitar, anyone know how? Anyone heard of or use this? Heres the link

http://www.wavesgtr.com/html/product_gtr_solo.html
MAD STACKS
looks pretty bad ass
Quote by vulcan422
i wish i could see Children Of Bodom agen
Quote by red157
Granted. But you have to endure support by the Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and a steaming turd.

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse
GTR Solo delivers the sound of real amps, cabs, stomps, and mics—in your computer. Just plug in, fire it up, and experience precision models of amplifiers by Fender®, Marshall®, Vox® and others. Then take it to the next level with awesome distortion, modulation, and ambient effects.

How is that hard to understand exactly?
Quote by tushmeister
GTR Solo delivers the sound of real amps, cabs, stomps, and mics—in your computer. Just plug in, fire it up, and experience precision models of amplifiers by Fender®, Marshall®, Vox® and others. Then take it to the next level with awesome distortion, modulation, and ambient effects.

He wants to know how to plug his guitar up into the computer.
Sail upon the open skies
i have something like this... the M-AUDIO Jamlab. its like box that attaches to your usb then you plug in your guitar through the box. maybe thats what this is like.

edit:

http://cachepe.samedaymusic.com/media/quality,85/brand,sameday/Jamlab_top-4e4b62aa743c406cfe6909b6f59d87b5.jpg
Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by Demon Wolf
I got a similar thing from playing too much Pokemon.

Magikarpal tunnel.
Last edited by slipmaggot93 at Feb 13, 2009,
Quote by tushmeister

so how the f*ck do u plug in ur guitar to the computer?
Quote by vulcan422
i wish i could see Children Of Bodom agen
Quote by red157
Granted. But you have to endure support by the Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and a steaming turd.

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse
Quote by slipmaggot93
i have something like this... the M-AUDIO Jamlab. its like box that attaches to your usb then you plug in your guitar through the box. maybe thats what this is like.

How much did that cost?
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by Limons
You have to plug your guitar into your computer? WTF?

yeah, using a recording interface (or your soundcard, but that usually sounds like ass)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by vulcan422
so how the f*ck do u plug in ur guitar to the computer?

I am also wondering this
MAD STACKS
Quote by Limons
You have to plug your guitar into your computer? WTF?

In the CD drive I believe
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
I've read that I can get a converter so I can plug the guitar into the Line In port on the computer. Could I just splice a guitar cable and a headphone cable together? I have plenty of both and I could probably do it, I just need some instructions.
MAD STACKS
Quote by Inhale.Breathe
I've read that I can get a converter so I can plug the guitar into the Line In port on the computer. Could I just splice a guitar cable and a headphone cable together? I have plenty of both and I could probably do it, I just need some instructions.

yeah you can get a 1/4' to 1/8' adapter and rtun into your soundcards line it, but it will sound terrible.

Last.fm
how in the hell do you authenticate it? it says you get a serial # through the email, but i registered and everything and i didnt get one.

please help?
↓↑ MISDIRECT ↑↓

The (Rather Basic) Rig:
- 1982 Marshall JCM 800 2204 (Feels good, man)
- 1960 Marshall AV Cab (Vintage 30s, Feels good, man)
- A shitty MIM strat
- Fulltone OCD (Jizztastic)
- Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Quote by Survivalism
A USB-to-instrument cable, you non-Google-using morons.

those usually sound like ass too, most of them only convert at 16/44.1

Last.fm
wait guys
i have a 1/4 inch female to 3.5 mm male adapter
that should work, right?...

RIGHT??!?!?!?1!?!1??!?!??!one!?!?!

EDIT: or wait... if you turn all the effects off, turn all the EQ knobs on ur amp to 0, and get rid of the drive, and then run a wire from ur amp to the line in on ur comp, that should work too right?
Last edited by sporkman7 at Feb 13, 2009,
get a line 6 toneport (good option)

or a M audio JamLab (cheap option)
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)